bigen hair color

crml_buttafly

i got a touch about about a week and a half ago do you think it would be okay to use bigen hair color on my hair tonight?

Shouldn't be a problem. I use bigen sometimes immediately after my relaxer and I haven't had a problem. Although sometimes if I have been scratching and the relaxer burns a little, when I apply the bigen, it burns a little also.

Can you girls help me with this bigen colour. When I've tried it in the past it washes out within 2 weeks - I have stubborn grey hair. I follow the instructions but the colour never lasts

I also use it to cover a few grey strands (LOL). What has really helped me is instead of using one bottle, I double it up and use two bottles. This gives me more product to get better overall coverage. I usually apply it after my relaxer so the hair is clean and receptive to the color. If I use it a week or so after the relaxer, I will use a clarifying shampoo first. I also leave it on about 10 minutes longer than the directions state. The last time I applied the bigen was on May 16th. And as of today, the color has only slightly faded to where the gray strands look like auborn highlights in the sun. Of course now my new growth is coming in, so the cycle continues.

cowgirl
we have the same type of hair. Do you or can you apply Bigen immeditely after relaxer? Thanks for the advice that has answered my question

[ QUOTE ]
zigzag1 said:
cowgirl
we have the same type of hair. Do you or can you apply Bigen immeditely after relaxer? Thanks for the advice that has answered my question

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't, but I am super cautious. I think you can put your bigen in now, though.
smile.gif

I have used bigen oriental black for years without any negative reactions prior to relaxer and immediately after relaxers. I like Cowgirl have found now that my hair is longer two bottles work better the last time I used one and it was still auborn looking grey and I didn't get the ends as well so I had a fading effect black down to brown just awful. p.s remember to follow with a moisturing conditioner.

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
I'm natural, so do you all think I should use 2 boxes or will one be enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

From looking at your photos, if you use it on your natural hair, one should be sufficient imo.

[ QUOTE ]
ChocolateCutee said:
is this a semi permanent hair colour? Does it come in a red colour.

Did any 1 suffer any dryness with using this?

[/ QUOTE ]

im not an expert on bigen (ive used it twice) but it only comes in browns and blacks. its really for grey hair. i used it a couple of years ago ( i went light auburnish) and it worked great. and yesterday i went oriental black. i havent experienced any dryness from using it =)

I have experienced initial slight dryness right after rinsing that is why i suggested a to follow with a moisturizing conditioner. I usually follow with going under my hooded with my moisturizing conditioner for about 20 minutes. I have seen the new bigen expressive line but I have had no experience with anything other than oriental black.
It is permenant.
From ubh publications:The permanent hair color can NOT contain Peroxide, or Ammonia. Bigen is mixed with water. I actually apply my color immediately after the retouch because the hair shaft is wide open and accepts the color well. Meaning, that if I wait and apply days later after the retouch the hair cuticle has closed, and every time I wash my hair and towel dry, the dye comes off the surface of the hair on the towel! If applied immedately after the relaxer, you dont have that problem. If you have burned your scalp after the chemical, the color is not going to feel real good on your scalp so try hard to keep it off your scalp too. Ensure you follow the instructions and do not use heat or a plastic cap as this will cause your hair to break even with Bigen!"

Bumping because my gray hair is driving me crazy now! There is so much more of it, and it looks so dull & drab. I plan to use Bigen brown-black after my next touch-up. Has anyone experienced damage or breakage from Bigen?

Back