BIGEN hair color directly after a relaxer

Have yall ever heard that you don't relax and color in the same day!! You need to wait 2 weeks inbetween each one!

^^^^ That makes sense but I didn't know that. When I used color my stylist would add the rinse right after the relaxer. I was told that the color would take better that way.

OMGOODNESS I USED BIGEN AFTER MY RELAXER AND IT BURNED LIKE CRAZY. I RINSED IT OUT SO FAST IT DIDN'T TAKE WORTH NOTHIN

Have yall ever heard that you don't relax and color in the same day!! You need to wait 2 weeks inbetween each one!

This is usually the case with colors that have ammonia. Bigen doesn't, I did it after my last relaxer with no problems. However everyone is different. I would test a small patch to see if it burned first.

This is usually the case with colors that have ammonia. Bigen doesn't, I did it after my last relaxer with no problems. However everyone is different. I would test a small patch to see if it burned first.

okay now that I see you have used it FL, I am interested in trying this Bigen out. How often can you re-apply it? I mean is it safe to re-apply in like a month or so after the last one? Anyone can shime in that can help with this. I want to be able to use it frequently if possible, say once every 3 weeks or so. If not, then I'll stick with indigo.

Thanks in advance.

okay now that I see you have used it FL, I am interested in trying this Bigen out. How often can you re-apply it? I mean is it safe to re-apply in like a month or so after the last one? Anyone can shime in that can help with this. I want to be able to use it frequently if possible, say once every 3 weeks or so. If not, then I'll stick with indigo.

Thanks in advance.

No you don't want to use this that often. It's still permanent color, just mixed with water instead of peroxide. You would touch up the roots as it grows out. And it doesn't fade. I had use it before in the past, but I tried it on perm day after seeing CHECKMATE/Patience results.

No you don't want to use this that often. It's still permanent color, just mixed with water instead of peroxide. You would touch up the roots as it grows out. And it doesn't fade. I had use it before in the past, but I tried it on perm day after seeing CHECKMATE/Patience results.

Whew! Thanks Flow.

I used it after a week and a half after my ORS relaxer. I also mixed in a small bottle of the neutral protein you get from Sally's and the color came out out beautifully. :yep: :yep: :yep:

When you mix it with water, it forms peroxide. i don't know the exact chemical reaction but h20 + something --> h202

Back