Bhringraj uses question

Jazzmommy

Hi ladies!

I just purchased Bhringraj Oil and was wondering how do you all use it for your hair? Specifically, when you apply it on your scalp are you leaving it on and reapplying it every day etc., ?:ohwell: I did a search and some are washing it off the next night similiar to the instructions on the bottle.

Thanks in advance!

I put it on and keep it on. I don't simply use it as a "pre poo" but as a hair dressing preparation.

Hi ladies!

I just purchased Bhringraj Oil and was wondering how do you all use it for your hair? Specifically, when you apply it on your scalp are you leaving it on and reapplying it every day etc., ?:ohwell: I did a search and some are washing it off the next night similiar to the instructions on the bottle.

Thanks in advance!

I like to use it as a scalp and hair oil. I use it about 2 times a week. I never rinse it afterwards. I've noticed softer and fuller hair.

Jazzypom...I have long hair already, but I'm always out for more! I'm greedy like that. I like the shine and darkening power of this herb (it darkens and/or keeps dark your hair over time)....it definitely softens it up too. Of the vedic herbs, I have to say bhringraj is my favorite. It doesn't stink TO ME (unlike most vedic stuff), it's keeps your black hair VERY black, and I'm sure it helps growth BIG TIME. (LOL...I have no idea how long my hair is now because I haven't had it pressed in about 5 years, but it was nearly as long as mochamadness' ^^ back then). I big up this oil more than all the others, but I plan to experiment more w/ the herbs as both singles and combos of my own making.

Look at the hair of mochamadness and see we ain't kidding about keeping it in! Her hair testifies to da truf of 'raj! In Veda, it's called "the king of hair herbs".

As for usage, as needed. When my scalp or hair feels dry I use it or alternative w/ another oil (usually coconut based). I have many oils and will choose based on what I know they do vs what I need. Sometimes I choose for smell.

Last edited:
Jazzypom...I have long hair already, but I'm always out for more! I'm greedy like that. I like the shine and darkening power of this herb (it darkens and/or keeps dark your hair over time)....it definitely softens it up too. Of the vedic herbs, I have to say bhringraj is my favorite. It doesn't stink TO ME (unlike most vedic stuff), it's keeps your black hair VERY black, and I'm sure it helps growth BIG TIME. (LOL...I have no idea how long my hair is now because I haven't had it pressed in about 5 years, but it was nearly as long as mochamadness' ^^ back then). I big up this oil more than all the others, but I plan to experiment more w/ the herbs as both singles and combos of my own making.

Look at the hair of mochamadness and see we ain't kidding about keeping it in! Her hair testifies to da truf of 'raj! In Veda, it's called "the king of hair herbs".

As for usage, as needed. When my scalp or hair feels dry I use it or alternative w/ another oil (usually coconut based). I have many oils and will choose based on what I know they do vs what I need. Sometimes I choose for smell.

Yes, I think that's why I got pretty good growth my first year going natural was because I was using Vatika Oil. And, yes, why not be greedy for more hair:lick: LOL

Your hair sound beautiful Jamaraa!! I agree the bhringraj is no joke. It's an all natural alternative to healthy, shiny, and longer hair. You can't lose!

Jazzypom...Since you used Vatika, you already know the deal there...but I also like Ramtirth Brahmi Oil as an alternative. Vatika has henna as an ingredient and that does leave color and can have a protein like effect over time, but you know how it did on your hair. All the info and ingredients for this brahmi is listed on a site of a member who's selling vedic stuff. She has it all...from Vatika, to every oil known to hair veda, to anything henna related and vedic soaps (LOL...I LOVE the idea of a Black woman selling Indian products. Maybe we'll start selling Korean stuff next! ;?)

http://stinastina.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2527462

Awww Mocha, shucks! What a compliment from someone w/ such beautiful hair! LOL...your pics were like the total sell on this product. Nothing else needed to be said! Anybody who sees this will be convinced to try this one. Have you tried Ramtirth's?

Jazzypom...Since you used Vatika, you already know the deal there...but I also like Ramtirth Brahmi Oil as an alternative. Vatika has henna as an ingredient and that does leave color and can have a protein like effect over time, but you know how it did on your hair. All the info and ingredients for this brahmi is listed on a site of a member who's selling vedic stuff. She has it all...from Vatika, to every oil known to hair veda, to anything henna related and vedic soaps (LOL...I LOVE the idea of a Black woman selling Indian products. Maybe we'll start selling Korean stuff next! ;?)

Awww Mocha, shucks! What a compliment from someone w/ such beautiful hair! LOL...your pics were like the total sell on this product. Nothing else needed to be said! Anybody who sees this will be convinced to try this one. Have you tried Ramtirth's?

I :love: Ramtirth Brahmi oil, that's one of my favorites! Also I got from Stinastina this Mahabhringaraj oil. You better believe I copied and pasted that. :lol:

485d4aad630de_56375n.jpg

It feels heavenly on the hair and smells like sandalwood.

No surprisingly I've never tried Ramtirth's brahmi oil. Though I do have 2 other brands of brahmi oil in my haircare stash. When I run out, I'll be sure to try this brand next. Thanks for the recommendation :yep:

I :love: Ramtirth Brahmi oil, that's one of my favorites! Also I got from Stinastina this Mahabhringaraj oil. You better believe I copied and pasted that. :lol:

485d4aad630de_56375n.jpg

lol @ the bolded. How do you like the mahabhrigaraj oil so far Priestess?

Hi mochamadness, your hair is georgous, what ingredients does this oil has in it. I was trying to make my own oil. I love this herb. It's so moisturizing.

Thanks Mev

Yes, I know the deal on the Vatika... just didn't know until now that it also had Brahmi in it. I knew about the Amla, so I'm getting up to speed on the ayurvedic products:lachen:I'm going to have to check out this product because I basically just did a search on the internet for the Bhringraj but it doesn't contain mineral oil brand its base is coconut oil -- brand is Biotique.

485d4aad630de_56375n.jpg

I use it as a pre-poo and my hair loves it.

Hi mochamadness, your hair is georgous, what ingredients does this oil has in it. I was trying to make my own oil. I love this herb. It's so moisturizing.

Thanks Mev

Hey Meverllyn :wave:
Thanks! The oil that I use just has the sesame seed oil and bhringraj extract.

Co-signing with my hair idol Mocha! I use a mix of bhringraj, brahmi, and coconut oil. I spray a little into my scalp and massage for 5 minutes nightly or at least 4 times a week if I'm slacking. A little bit on the hair makes it silky and glossy too! Thank you Mocha!:kiss:

Thanks Mev

If you're going to make your own, do a mix of coconut-sesame or jojoba or even grapeseed. The other oils will stop your coconut oil base from freezing up and going solid on you. You could add a little amla and brahmi to the mix, if you just want to. Plain 'raj is great tho.

Back