Between ORS Carrot Oil and Olive Oil which is more...

Which is better for moisture

• ORS Carrot Oil

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • ORS Olive Oil

Votes: 38 46.9%

• Total voters

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
moisturizing for everyday use.

I have carrot oil right now but I am thinking about trying the Olive Oil but I need moisture moisture moisture.

Well, I have both ORS Carrot Oil and the Olive Oil. IMO I think that the Carrot Oil works waaaay better than the Olive Oil. So my suggestion would be to find another moisturizer besides the Olive Oil if your hair is craving for more moisture than the Carrot Oil is giving you. HTH :grin:

I prefer carrot oil. It makes my hair so moisturized, and the olive oil is just too greasy... must be because of the mineral oil and petrolatum in it.

I like the Olive Oil lotion in the bottle better than the moisturizer in the jar. The one in the jar made my hair feel nice at first, but then it dried out BIG TIME. I haven't tried the Carrot Oil though so I can't speak on that.

I love ORS Olive Oil thats one of my moisturizers that I use. It also gives a nice shine, when you use it for your wrap. Its great. When I use it to bun my hair, the next day when I undo my bun it feels light and fluffy and of course moisturize.

The ORS carrot oil I really didn't care for. It just sit on my hair and felt very wet.

I pick Olive Oil over carrot oil.

It does have mineral oil in it. FYI...........but I love it.

Last edited:
This was a good question. I haven't tried the carrot oil yet but I might be getting some on my next bss trip. I used the olive oil and it really made my hair feel greasy and wet and frizzy. The next morning it was really dry. I tried it again a week or so later with no other product in my hair just to make sure it wasn't interacting with something else and it was still horrible. Maybe it depends on the hair type.

Hey LadyR, I think we have similar hair IIRC. Step away from the Olive oil if you want to moisturize daily. It just sits for a few days, and we don't need that. If carrot oil isn't doing it for you, look for something else. I have both and I reached for olive oil once or twice, but not again. It was like the bottle version to me, only a little bit lighter. I am almost out of my carrot oil, though.

Hey, why not try a sample of the seyani butter?

Last edited:
Hey LadyR, I think we have similar hair IIRC. Step away from the Olive oil if you want to moisturize daily. It just sits for a few days, and we don't need that. If carrot oil isn't doing it for you, look for something else. I have both and I reached for olive oil once or twice, but not again. It was like the bottle version to me, only a little bit lighter. I am almost out of my carrot oil, though.

Hey, why not try a sample of the seyani butter?

Hey Artemis,

What's the bolded and where do I find it.

Checking the butter out. I will order the sample now. I know that you wear your hair down alot so can I assume that it won't weigh down my hair and can I use it everyday?

Checking the butter out. I will order the sample now. I know that you wear your hair down alot so can I assume that it won't weigh down my hair and can I use it everyday?

No it won't weigh you down, but "sparingly" is the keyword :yep:

I'm experimenting with a bunch of stuff, but I used this all last week and I could apply it every night. It was nice. I have too many products still...two years later, lol!

I love ORS Olive Oil thats one of my moisturizers that I use. It also gives a nice shine, when you use it for your wrap. Its great. When I use it to bun my hair, the next day when I undo my bun it feels light and fluffy and of course moisturize.

The ORS carrot oil I really didn't care for. It just sit on my hair and felt very wet.

I pick Olive Oil over carrot oil.

It does have mineral oil in it. FYI...........but I love it.
ITA. Plus carrot oil doesn't sit well with me because of the smell.

A couple of years ago, I would've said olive oil. But since they changed the formula and started adding mineral oil, I do not like the olive oil cream. I still buy the carrot oil cream. Now, it is definitely the best of the two products for moisture. And I agree with Artemis, if the carrot oil doesn't work, maybe try another product line.

LOL they both dry out my hair but the olive oil dries it out in one day and the carrot oil dries it out in three days.

I absolutely LOVE ORS Carrot Oil. I loved it as a natural, and I love it even more as a relaxed!!! I baggy with it on my ends a few times per week. It is AWESOME for stopping split ends and breakage. Carrot oil for me is a staple!! I make sure to restock as soon as I even reach halfway through my current jar!!:lachen:

Got nothin' but love for ORS Carrot Oil....smell? what smell? LOL!!:lachen:

I absolutely LOVE ORS Carrot Oil. I loved it as a natural, and I love it even more as a relaxed!!! I baggy with it on my ends a few times per week. It is AWESOME for stopping split ends and breakage. Carrot oil for me is a staple!! I make sure to restock as soon as I even reach halfway through my current jar!!:lachen:

Got nothin' but love for ORS Carrot Oil....smell? what smell? LOL!!:lachen:

I agree. I love it. It's the only moisturizer that works for me, it keeps my hair moist all day. The smell doesn't bother me anymore - I don't find it overpowering (it doesn't linger on my hair).

Some salons carry samples in a small jar. My stylist gave them to me. That should help you decide which one is better for your hair. I really couldn't tell the difference by using them, maybe because I didn't buy them at the store once I finished them . . . but judging by the samples, they were okay.:yep:

Last edited:
I just found a jar of ORS carrot oil in my closet, I have no idea where it came from, but I started using it two nights ago. I will see how my hair like it for moisturizing..

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ORS Carrott oil!! The smell doesnt bother me at all and it is a really good moisturizer...it's better than the olive oil IMO because of the mineral oil and petrolatum in it.

Hollywood Beauty makes an awesome hair Mayo, the variety also comes in Carrot and Olive. Olive is too greasy imo, Carrot smells...but the Protein Mayo is wonderful! only $2.99

showimage.php

showimage.php

314Q8D42D7L._SS500_.jpg

I just found a jar of ORS carrot oil in my closet, I have no idea where it came from, but I started using it two nights ago. I will see how my hair like it for moisturizing..

it came free in your relaxer! lol, i cant get along with that carrot smell.

Hollywood Beauty makes an awesome hair Mayo, the variety also comes in Carrot and Olive. Olive is too greasy imo, Carrot smells...but the Protein Mayo is wonderful! only $2.99

showimage.php

showimage.php

314Q8D42D7L._SS500_.jpg
I have been using Hollywood beauty line recently. I jsut finished a jar of the carrot oil and I liked it. Some one said they like the Olive oil vrsion more, so I have to check that out, but I have so much stuff Ithat I am not in a hurry.
I used to use the ORS Olive oil in a bottle and its' just okay. I would not be ina a hurry to repurchase.

Back