Better than a Hotcomb?

I don't know if any you ladies have seen or heard of this new product, but i was just net surfing on essence and I got introduced to it. it's safer than a hotcomb because it allows you to go directly to the scalp. I just thought it was interesting to post as a thread, but the rootcontrol is REALLY expensive. heres the websites Info and pic, and they also have videos on how to use the tool. ( dun worry they use it on a black girl further into the video)

And the naluwaveris pretty tight.

http://rsessiontools.com/rootcontrol.php

http://rsessiontools.com/video.php

rootcontrol.jpg

ROOTCONTROL » Straight hair. No damage.

Root Control, the other tool, is a tool designed to allow quick, safe and effective straightening and styling of all types of hair. It is great for touching up hairlines and roots in between blowdries. It can also be used to redirect cowlicks and style bangs. Its combination of ceramic barrel and double comb allow you to style the hair yet keep the heated element away from the scalp.
Product Specifications:
  • Dual Styling / Pressing Combs
  • Ceramic Heating Barrel
  • Hi-tech Electronic Circuitry
  • Instant Heat Up and Recovery
  • Advanced LCD Digital Programming
  • Up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit Pro High-Heat
  • High Grade Ultra Smooth Ceramic Surface Reduces Chemical Build Up
    and is Easy to Clean
  • Rubberized Two Tone Housing
  • 9ft. European Jacketed Line Cord
  • Heat Resistant Storage Pouch with Embroidered Logo

I know isn't that ridonkulus!!!
179 is way too much, you can get a hot comb for 15 bux and be careful with it.:lachen:

But yeah I thought it was interesting to watch, maybe if I win the lottery :grin:

I don't think the price is that bad. People have paid the same amount and more for CHI flat irons. If I was dead set on having straight new growth and edges I would drop the 180 in heart beat. I've spent more on a gallon size of WEN!!!:look:

I don't think the price is that bad. People have paid the same amount and more for CHI flat irons. If I was dead set on having straight new growth and edges I would drop the 180 in heart beat. I've spent more on a gallon size of WEN!!!:look:

i was going to make the same point. yall won't blink paying almost $200 for a flat iron (when wal-mart has a great one for 14.99), yet this hot comb is too expensive? :look:

I think its more the point that if you know how to use a reg old hot comb right, its gonna work out the same without spending that kind of money

I know I am happy with the presses I get with a reg comb

I aint spent that kind of money on any hair appliance yet, but stocking up on products *many times over and then some*

Yea well......

I spend money on something that will do the WHOLE job, not the edges.

Back in the day mommie used to use a comb next to the hotcomb for the edges....:lachen:

i was going to make the same point. yall won't blink paying almost $200 for a flat iron (when wal-mart has a great one for 14.99), yet this hot comb is too expensive? :look:

Um.. a hot comb only touches my edges. I can risk having nappy edges if it means I would have to pay almost 200 dollars to make them go away :lachen:

I guess it depends on what you want and what works for you. People pay that much for a flat iron but a flat iron, at least in my hands, will not get my hair straight (see siggy). A pressing comb will do it, but a pressing comb hurts. If I were a straight hair wearer I might go for it. Or wait, this thing can do the whole head, right? Guess I'll never know, though . . .

Last edited:
Back