Best Unrefined Shea Butter Online? Or Where to get in Dallas?

virgo_chinwe

I just recently purchased some shea butter online (the yellow kind) and it broke me out in hives. I definitely don't want to give up on shea butter...I am sure it was more so the type than anything. But I am looking for the white/greyish unrefined shea butter at a reasonable price. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I bought mine from Sprouts in the past. The one up in Southlake. It's closer to me since I am in Keller, but I think you can buy the same brand at any Whole Foods. It is Alaffia, and I have used it even on my face with no breakouts.

DSC00506.jpg

But I can't remember how much it cost, it was definitely under $20.00.

I went to this one place in Dallas I can't remember but she had white and yellow. You should google African Stores in Dallas or something. I do know where you can get the yellow kind if you are interested. OH and I know this one man def sells some white shea butter. It's the African Store off of 635 I believe. It's in Garland. Only thing is his stuff doesn't come in a tub. I never went back. Plus he has a $10 miniumum and the shea $5

Have all of you had good experiences with these shea on your skin/face as well as hair?

I actually only use it on my face. It is too heavy for my hair. I use a tiny bit on my fingers and I think it helps in evening out skin tone, just kind of making it glow.

The Now Foods shea butter I've purchased in the past is more white than off-white or tan and doesn't really smell nutty, BUT it works just as well as any unrefined shea butter I've purchased from the health food store. It's about $8.00 for 7 oz. on iherb.com.

butters-n-bars.com has excellent shea butter as well as many others natural items u would probably love and fast shipping, but sheaessentials.com has $9/ lb shea butter and free shipping but i dont know how good it is

Have all of you had good experiences with these shea on your skin/face as well as hair?

LOL @ Lala

I love shea butter on my body. If I use it on my face. I try to use it at night that way it has time to sink and, and I don't care if my face is shiney for bed, then when I wash in the morning I won't need to moisturize.

I love shea butter. It makes my skin really smooth and soft. It doesn't last long though. I have really dry skin, so I really need to use it more than once a day, which I hate.

It really does wonders for the apperance and feel of your feet as well.

Back