Best SMOOTHING Conditioner?!

Aireen

Since I don't use product in my hair, I'm trying to find a conditioner that can smooth, tame, and make my hair as sleek and tangle free (when dry) as possible. This morning before school, I used L'Oreal Nutri Sleek Conditioner and it did the job amazingly but I wouldn't mind using something better. Any suggestions? I'm mainly looking for the smoothing effect but if it moisturizes, is able to soften new growth/curls/kinks/whateverrrr, then that's a plus. I also don't mind cones, thanks in advance! :grin:

AOWC has been a great smoothing DC for me. Are you looking for a leave in conditioner or DC?

That wasn't great for me, it's a good conditioner but I wouldn't repurchase, plus the smell is horrid. I'm looking for a conditioner to rinse out, either a normal 5-10 minute thing or a deep conditioner, hair4romheaven.

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Conditioner leaves my hair frizz free and smooth. Plus it is cone free. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration works great as well. Both of these conditioners smell amazing.

These are both "cheapie" conditioners but they gave me amazing results.

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Conditioner leaves my hair frizz free and smooth. Plus it is cone free. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration works great as well. Both of these conditioners smell amazing.

These are both "cheapie" conditioners but they gave me amazing results.

I would have to agree with Garnier Sleek and Shine Product Line. I used it a while back and LOVED it. Its super smoothing. I use to get really good WnGs with it. I may actually revisit.

I would have to agree with Garnier Sleek and Shine Product Line. I used it a while back and LOVED it. Its super smoothing. I use to get really good WnGs with it. I may actually revisit.

Yeah, it is definitely a staple for me. Good thing it is avaliable everywhere and relatively cheap. :yep:

KurlyNinja I remember you being relaxed, was it good on your relaxed, transitioning, AND/OR natural hair?

Last edited:
I remember you being relaxed, was it good on your relaxed, transitioning, AND/OR natural hair?

Aireen Yea I also used it for most of my transition. It made my relaxed ends SUPER smooth. Sometimes smoother than I would like. I dont know if you are bone straight relaxed, but I was. I know that can probably make a difference too. But I could literally feel the difference on my strands when I rubbed my fingers down my hair.

Another condish thats really good at smoothing is Porosity Control Conditioner from sallys. NOT THE SHAMPOO. The shampoo is the devil, but the conditioner is super super smoothing. I know sometimes the sally's have sample packs of this conditioner too if you dont want to commit to the whole bottle.

Aireen Yea I also used it for most of my transition. It made my relaxed ends SUPER smooth. Sometimes smoother than I would like. I dont know if you are bone straight relaxed, but I was. I know that can probably make a difference too. But I could literally feel the difference on my strands when I rubbed my fingers down my hair.

Another condish thats really good at smoothing is Porosity Control Conditioner from sallys. NOT THE SHAMPOO. The shampoo is the devil, but the conditioner is super super smoothing. I know sometimes the sally's have sample packs of this conditioner too if you dont want to commit to the whole bottle.

Awesome, that sounds perfect! Thank you, KurlyNinja and RarityJewel. I didn't like Hello Hydration, it really didn't do anything for my hair but I'll try this when I'm done with the L'Oreal. I'm bone straight but the extra smoothing prevents tangling. How did it leave your new growth?

Oh and I've been meaning to try PCC, but that's gonna be in a while.

Redken Smooth down butter treat line
Tresemme Smooth & Silky conditioner
I find those both to do a better job then L'Oreal EverSleek.. I love smoothing conditioners..

Garnier Fructis - Sleek and shine conditioner.
Just started using it and I am VERY impressed. :yep:

Aireen It made my curls pop when I was transitioning, but it also help to smooth them out some too. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it held my newgrowth down like gel does, but it did make it easier to work with.

Okay thanks everyone! I'll definitely try some of these after my products are used up! I'll probably try:

- Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine line
- Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisturizing Conditioner
- Roux Porosity Conditioner

I'll keep in mind:

- Tresemme Smooth and Silky (Used this already a long time ago but I'm willing to buy it again)
- Joico Silk Result Conditioner
- Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat

Everything else I've tried relatively recently with little results. Thank you though for all your feedback! :grin:

I have been using Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion as my leave in and I love it. I don't even attempt to use anything else as my leave in/ smoothing product.

I have been using Curl Junkie's Smoothing Lotion as my leave in and I love it. I don't even attempt to use anything else as my leave in/ smoothing product.

Yeah I know which product you're talking about but I'm looking for something I can rinse out... :sad:

Back