Best setting lotion/leave in for rollersets?

MissFallon

I am trying to wear rollersets continuously until the summer as my protective style and was wondering what you all suggest as a really good leave in when u rollerset, especially those who r natural and rollerset regulary. I currently use Paul Mitchell The Cream or Matrix (the one in the purple tube).

TIA

Natural that rollersets weekly, alternately with Salon visits. I use Paul Mitchell "the conditioner" for leave in with rollerset. But that's mainly because I have it at the house and I'm trying to use up everything.

I typically use cantu shea butter leave-in and chi-silk infusion. The pic in my siggy is a rollerset done on dry/damp hair, but I have other wet set pictures and a tutorial in my album

I like NTM leave in with a dime size of fantasia's frizz buster. Leaves the hair very soft and silky!

I use Lacio Lacio, some Silken Seal, and a bottle of water. My sets have been coming out better every time!

I've tried a lot of things but Lottabody (the concentrated kind that you dilute) is by far my favorite. I use a little Lacio Lacio for shine.

Good thread. I'm going to do a rollerset soon and I have Lottabody and Paul Mitchell's The Conditioner laying around the house. I think I'll use both and see what happens.

My own mixture of lacio lacio, EVOO, chi silk, water and a couple of drops of lotta body for hold.

I don't use a lot of lotta body because it tends to make my hair too hard.

On my sis last rollerset I used wrapping foam, diluted lottabody, and Nexxus leave-in.

When I did her first rollerset I used Dr. Miracles setting lotion and I LOVED IT. It was only in a sample-like bottle and I'm too cheap to buy it for $6.99 but it's good stuff.

I think I am going to try the lottabody again, I haven't used it in yrs. I may also try the paul mitchell serum again mixed with the pantene silkener cream cuz they worked great on my rollersets with the perm rods. The rollerset in my avi is with motions foam setting lotion.

Ladies, I used Salerm 21 for my rollerset tonight, and my hair looks so good! I am 6-weeks post, and even my new growth is softer. And my hair was so much easier to detangle and apply to the rollers. :yay::bouncegre:clapping:

Oh, my goodness, why didn't I learn about this years ago? :cry:

I like Paul Mitchell the Conditioner, Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship leave in or their breaks over leave in cream

I spray my whole head with Paul Mitchell Seal and Shine before going under the dryer too.

Just stay away from Pantene Pro-V wrap set (or something like that) for roller set. I just roller set my roomates her with some Mizani Wrap lotion. I'll let yall know how that turn out.

How do you dilute yours?

When I used lottabody, I would use one part lottabody and two parts water. I didn't want any crunchiness. I say, start with half and half and see how you like that. Then add or reduce the water until you find a mixture you like.

When I used lottabody, I would use one part lottabody and two parts water. I didn't want any crunchiness. I say, start with half and half and see how you like that. Then add or reduce the water until you find a mixture you like.

Thanks Keen. I will try that tonight

I use a one to one ratio of lottabody and water. In fact, I did a rollerset on Friday night with this mixture. The only one for me:grin:

Where did you buy your lacio lacio?

I am using salerm 21 now, but I have used lacio lacio regulary in the past and I bought mine from sickbay.biz. They sell a good deal of domincan products and products from spain (such as salerm).

HTH
vickyd

I am using salerm 21 now, but I have used lacio lacio regulary in the past and I bought mine from sickbay.biz. They sell a good deal of domincan products and products from spain (such as salerm).

HTH
vickyd

So why did you switch? I assume you like Salerm better...?? And do you dilute your salerm?

Thanks

I use Salerm leave-in but to rewet each section, I use Motions Leave-in. I got that tip from Diva Style and it works very well. I always got breakage with Lottabody no matter how much I diluted it.

Back