Best scissors for trimming hair?

melangeK

Do any of you self trimmers rely on any particular brand of sciccors to do the job? If so, what are the called, where can you find them, and what's the price range? I'm considering giving this a try since I want to actually save some of the length I've gained, but don't want to do more harm than good by not using the right tools. Thanks in advance! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The best scissors I have ever used to cut my hair is those sturdy giant sewing scissors. They cut crisp and clean without all the hanging hairs like a lot of the other so-called professional scisssors I have used. I paid almost 40 dollars for a pair of scissors at Sally's one time and the darn things reminded me of something you would get out of a cracker jack box.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I paid almost 40 dollars for a pair of scissors at Sally's one time and the darn things reminded me of something you would get out of a cracker jack box.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO /images/graemlins/drunk.gif. I was going to go to Sally's this weekend and pick up a pair for my next trim.

I probably never would have thought of sewing scissors; good idea! I KNOW I need a trim, but I've been so traumatized by cut-happy people in the past that I've developed a complex! I'll check those and the Sally's ones out, and have my fiancee help me out. Thanks! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is interesting. I purchased some hair trimming scissors last week. I have not used them yet. How do you trim your hair? /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I bought them at a store here...called Zellers. It's like Walmart. It's stainless steel and it's pretty good. Cost me $14CAD. It was by the goody combs. So check out where those are sold. HTH!

Faith said:
I bought the goody one. It's sharp and quite cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also purchased the Goody one. Just like Faith said, they're sharp and quite cheap.

How do you trim your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Julia,

I part my hair into three sections...two ponytails on each side, one in the back. I have one of those mirrors with the handles on it. I put the handle around my neck to see the back of my head. I use a rubber band to put my hair in a ponytail. Then, very close to the ends, I put another rubberband on and then clip.

hairfanatic - does your hair come out pretty even all the way around when you trim it like this?

hairfanatic - does your hair come out pretty even all the way around when you trim it like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tea,

Yes, pretty much. However, my scissors had gone bad from the picture I posted in October. The key with buying good scissors is to make sure they snip straight across. Since I had my scissors for almost three years, they were starting to bend my hair oppose to cutting straight across. Nothing a little sharpening can't fix though.

Back