Best Relaxers For Very Thick Hair??

KenyafromCT

I've been using Motions for YEARS and would love to switch. My hair is very thick & when I relaxed this week, it didn't take too well. I think it's time to switch! Thanks in advance lovelies!

Wow!! I've always assumed that lye perms are stronger than no lye!!! Thank you!!! Love this site. I learn so much!
no problem! Yes lye relaxers will process the hair and will still leave you with texture. No lye will give you bone straight results depending on the processing time. I use lye, and it's fine up to 3 weeks post. After that, I have to treat my hair like its 8-12 weeks post. I don't have a loose curl pattern. My natural pattern is very coily, so straight hair and coils don't go well together. And I'm not about to walk on my eggshells trying to prove I can stretch long.

no problem! Yes lye relaxers will process the hair and will still leave you with texture. No lye will give you bone straight results depending on the processing time. I use lye, and it's fine up to 3 weeks post. After that, I have to treat my hair like its 8-12 weeks post. I don't have a loose curl pattern. My natural pattern is very coily, so straight hair and coils don't go well together. And I'm not about to walk on my eggshells trying to prove I can stretch long.
Omg yes. I was stretching for 4-6 months and seeing breakage. I think I will just do the roots every 2 months and see if I can make more progress

I relax bone straight and have been using Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer for years. It's what my last stylist used and I loved the results.

Tried lye once and my hair felt and looked like a haystack.

Ok! Wow.... I ALWAYS thought no lye was weak! I'll be damn!! Lol. I stretched for 12 weeks and just did my relaxer on Monday. What a disaster!! My hair looks as if I did absolutely NOTHING to it. And i cannot figure out why! I'm so frustrated. My kitchen and edges are still balled up! Motions has ALWAYS worked for me!

I relax bone straight and have been using Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer for years. It's what my last stylist used and I loved the results.

Tried lye once and my hair felt and looked like a haystack.

Ok! I am on the HOBW website now. I will look at this one. I stretched for 12 weeks and what a flipping disaster...i will probably never stretch again.

Back