Best Relaxer To go BONE straight. Help Needed.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Okay, I am so sick and tired of my hair, it is just this thick, cottony ball and I like my hair straight. All my relaxers have been under processed for the past year with an exception of my August 09 Design Essentials Lye Relaxer, it straightened good, but I want straighter since my roots are straight and my actual hair is still puffy and natural. :rolleyes:. PLEASE help ladies, I am so tempted to use a SUPER relaxer for my next one (December). I've heard Bantu is good. PLEASE bone straighters, give your opinions! I am a THICK, coily 4a/4b. I mean, I might as well be natural, everyone already thinks I am. :yawn:. I just want a real relaxer, just for once...its been a year..:sad:...my hair is forcibly going natural. :lol:...Sorry for the mixed emotions it makes me laugh and cry at the same time. TIA and PLEASE help!

My new growth comes in coily with super small coils, so i guess i'm 4a. I relax bone straight, and use Hawaiian Silky Lye relaxer. It doesn't burn (and i have a sensitive scalp), and it processes me 100% straight each time I use it. I tried Silk Elements, ORS Lye, and Mizani, and all 3 have either burned my scalp up, or underprocessed me. As long as I continue to relax, i'm going to use hawaiian silky :)

My new growth comes in coily with super small coils, so i guess i'm 4a. I relax bone straight, and use Hawaiian Silky Lye relaxer. It doesn't burn (and i have a sensitive scalp), and it processes me 100% straight each time I use it. I tried Silk Elements, ORS Lye, and Mizani, and all 3 have either burned my scalp up, or underprocessed me. As long as I continue to relax, i'm going to use hawaiian silky :)

I've been doing my research and have been bouncing between Hawaiian Silky & Bantu...Its like I've been disappointed so many times I don't know what to trust anymore...If I come out with a severely under processed puff once more I will be sooooo hurt :sad:..I leave my relaxers in for more than the recommended time...still under processed....:cry:

Hawaiian Silky will get your hair BONE straight... my sister used to relax her very coarse 4a/b hair with this and it looked pin straight afterwards.

Hawaiian Silky will get your hair BONE straight... my sister used to relax her very coarse 4a/b hair with this and it looked pin straight afterwards.

What I want though, is after the first wash, maybe 2 weeks after my relaxer, I don't want my hair to go back to a puff. I want it to still be somewhat straight. I will definitely look into trying HS. Thank You.

Affirm gets my hair bone straight each time...sometimes too straight:look:
This is the first relaxer that has ever done it for me.

Vitale Life and Body (Lye) gets me pretty straight. I'm 4 a/b with very thick strands! Whatever you do, please stay away from Bantu... it will set your scalp on fire!!!

Nairobi or Affirm. I like Nairobi better. My siggy shows how straight my hair gets with it. I have been using this about 5 years now.

I think a lot of no-lye relaxers get hair fairly straight.

For me, I use Mizani Butter Blends No-lye... gets me straight enough and is easy on my scalp. HTH.

I posted a question similar to this about a couple of weeks ago...I used MBB for fine/color treated hair left it on for about 20-25 minutes and I am bone-laxed...based on your comments about your hair - you may want to use the normal.....I prepped my hair 3 days in advance to prevent any type of burning so I could let the relaxer sit...great results...bone-laxed without the "sticking to the head effect" ....

HTH

I posted a question similar to this about a couple of weeks ago...I used MBB for fine/color treated hair left it on for about 20-25 minutes and I am bone-laxed...based on your comments about your hair - you may want to use the normal.....I prepped my hair 3 days in advance to prevent any type of burning so I could let the relaxer sit...great results...bone-laxed without the "sticking to the head effect" ....

HTH

on your processing time, did you apply to the whole head and then start counting time, or start counting from when you began application.

Also, how did you smoothe? How many times?

Have you washed your hair since the relaxer and not had it revert?
(PG claims this may be a red-hair specific problem)

Any other relevant details?

on your processing time, did you apply to the whole head and then start counting time, or start counting from when you began application. I started counting from the time I began

Also, how did you smoothe? I applied with a relaxer/color brush and smoothed with my fingers

How many times? Good question...hmmm..around 3-4 times but I know I kept kinda touching it and smoothing in places...

Have you washed your hair since the relaxer and not had it revert? I washed a couple days after and I wash my hair every other day anyway....no reversion...but I could tell that it would not revert
(PG claims this may be a red-hair specific problem)

Any other relevant details? I did leave it on between 20 and 25 minutes .I added Hydrolyzed Silk, Keratin Amino Acids and Hydrolyzed Keratin to my relaxer.
Mid Step - Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor
Neutralizer - ORS Aloe Shampoo
*used Colorshowers (UVA/Grape) after Neutralizing*
Conditioner - Graham Webb Thermacore Treatment

Designer Essentials super relaxes bone straight.

ORS Lye super left me underprocessed. Underprocessed leaves my hair looking as if it hasn't been relaxed at all & requires heat if I want to manage my hair.

Hair type: 4z

ETA: I'm rethinking bone straight myself though. My hair was hard to manage when I joined LHCF, but I had a lot of it. Going straighter has left my 4z hair more manageable, especially since it gets wet when I exercise, but I miss having the bulk & strength to my hair. It's funny, but I wish that I had the hair that I had when I joined LHCF & I will probably try to find that point or a happy medium.

Last edited:
Affirm and Vitale do relax your hair bone straight. Affirm would get my hair so straight it would take a couple of weeks to get it to hold a curl.

If you want more body, go with either Design Essentials or Mizani Butter Blend.

I used a lye relaxer to get me bone straight. Influance. (Yes, I spelled it correctly. Odd, right?) :grin:

My biggest problem was EXACTLY what you stated. Two weeks after the relaxer, I looked like I had an afro again. Between a sensitive scalp and too porous hair, my hair was just not getting straight.

Influance corrected my porosity and this the breakage, helped me to go bone straight, and because it had great moisturizers in it as well, I found my hair more strengthened than with other relaxers and could actually stretch, which helped my hair's thickness.

I did BC for reasons not related to the relaxer itself (being overseas in hard water made it impossible for me to consistently take excellent care of my hair) I do sometimes think of Influance.

I may actually relax again in 2-3 years when I have the length I want....maybe, maybe not. I;m too fickle with my hair to know for sure.

But one this I do know is that Influance was the bomb for me.

PM me if you want contact details for a dealer and someone who does this relaxer as you cannot buy it in stores...

cj

co-signing with the ladies who recommended HS no base relaxer. I self relaxed for the second time almost three weeks ago and used the lye version in regular strength to do my corrective(semi bone straight) relaxer. The results were exactly what I was going for my strands are bone straight but dry with the slightest wavy to them. Thankfully, I have found my staple relaxer....now if only I could find my staples products/regimen I would be set.

Last edited:
Back