?? Best Relaxer Mix for Textlax ??

AtlantaJJ

I want slow the processing time down for my relaxer. I know oil helps to slow processing time as well as protein.

I was thinking of mixing olive oil (I have other oils if that would be better) and Keratin protein in my relaxer.

I'm not sure of the ratios I should use for fine super springy hair. I'm using the Mizani Butter blends regular which processes a little to fast for me.

Please provide suggestions or point me to threads with mixing ratios.

TIA

I :love: Mizani Butter Blend system. I have the regular which is too strong for my fine textlax hair and I wanted to dilute it a bit.

I put a squirt of nexxus humectress in there, a couple squirts of grape see oil and a few drops of keratin filler protein I followed the rest of the system to the letter. I also did a cellophane to get these grays.

I was able to take my time, get the relaxer on my NG and just got my hair to stretch, is what I wanted. My hair feels so good!

I will do a BKT next week or so. I don't have to get my hair straight at all with the relaxer, just stretch the kink out a little bit and the BKT does the rest. This is really working for me.

I use Phyto Index 1 with olive oil and neutral protein filler from Sally's. I leave on 3-5 mins and have good results.

Design Essentials Low-lye with Shea Butter Relaxer is a very slow processing relaxer. I've used it once with excellent texturing results. I’ve talked to other stylist who’ve said they have had CONSISTANT results.

Back