Best products /methods to use while transitioning

kaytorry

I am currently 3 months post, texlaxed, and deeply considering transitioning without a BC. For those who have or currently transitioning, what are the best products that you have used, how did you use them, and how often?

When I was transitioning I used products for relaxed hair when I had more relaxed hair than natural, keracare etc, and did a protein/reconstructor treatment every week or two; affirm 5 in 1. I also straightened my new growth at this point as it was easier to match the natural to relaxed seeing as there wasn't much of it. But most of my time was spent in braid extensions.

When I had more natural hair I started using more natural products like oils, glycerin based spritzes, Aubrey organics, darcys botanicals etc as I now needed more moisture than protein. I also began exclusively air drying.

ORS Replenishing Conditioner is good. I mix it with coconut oil. I also like Organics Olive Oil Deep Conditioner. (deep conditioners)

I like Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer and ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion. (moisturizers)

I can't help you with shampoos. I haven't found any shampoos that I really like.

I had been using Pantene conditioners too, but I'm about to try Herbal Essences and v05. My hair wasn't impressed with Suave. (regular conditioner)

I like jojoba, coconut and olive oil to seal.

I wash and deep condition my hair once a week. I would moisturizer and seal daily, but sometimes I get lazy with that :look:

Back