Best Products for Twists

Country gal

Sorry if I am being redundant but I want to know your tried and true products for twists.

I tried Jason Aloe Vera but it didn't do much for my twists.

I really liked Akiva's Pomade on my twists. The smell was great. My hair felt silky.

i twist dry without products mostly.....but i do like jamaican mango and lime lock and twist gel....its a weird gooey consistency, but it smells great, doesnt flake and doesnt make the hair crunchy....

i use it on the ends of my twists once in a while....but really my best results come from twisting with no products.

I use Mane n' Tail conditioner alone on damp/dry hair. It works great, my twist outs are soft and shiny, and my curls are defined. The MNT conditioner is also great for smoothing down my hairline. I just slap some on, tie a scarf around my head, and my hairline lays down quite nicely.

I mist on African Pride Spray w/ Tea Tree onto my twists, apply a light hair oil on my ends and twist that way. They are not super tight but I wear my twists up anyway so it does'nt matter. If I'm wearing a twist out fro on the weekends I will apply Daily Doctor leave-in and twist my hair up with perm rods on the ends. By morning my hair is soft and very moisturized.

4b course and thick.
Ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past bra-strap by Dec. 2005.
Pics coming in July!

I like Oyin Whipped Pudding, Akiva's Secret Potion mixed w/ the Hair Cream, Akiva's Hair Milk or Kemi Shea Butter Pomade.

Shatani said:
i twist dry without products mostly.....but i do like jamaican mango and lime lock and twist gel....its a weird gooey consistency, but it smells great, doesnt flake and doesnt make the hair crunchy....

i use it on the ends of my twists once in a while....but really my best results come from twisting with no products.

I really like the jamaican mango & lime lock and twist gel too..I bought some a few weeks ago and used it today to twist my hair w/twist n locs honey wax and my twist came out really nice and shiny. That's the best combo I've used on my twists so far. I'm going to stick w/it.

Last edited:
Back