Best Place to WALK IN & buy hair in NYC or Philly

Postal

Hey ladies ,

I am required to wear a weave this Sunday for a wedding as a bridesmaid. At first was going to get cheaper hair at the beauty supply store, but then I changed my mind and decided to make an investment in my hair. Thought it might be a good idea, since I'm transitioning and can use the extensions to help me though the process.

I am new to this weave game(obviously) and just wanted your opinions about a brick-and-mortar place where I can purchase good hair. I am looking for hair that will last me through multiple installs. I'm 20 min from Philly right now but am heading to NY. So any places around there would work out for me.

At first I was set on Lugo's( my mom told me that's where people go to get good weave hair) but then I google and come on this site and Yelp and the place has sooo many mixed reviews, I'm not trying to spend my money on subpar quality. Any one try Select Strands?I have also heard of Indique, and that place is pretty pricey. Any other places?

Hey ladies ,

I am required to wear a weave this Sunday for a wedding as a bridesmaid. At first was going to get cheaper hair at the beauty supply store, but then I changed my mind and decided to make an investment in my hair. Thought it might be a good idea, since I'm transitioning and can use the extensions to help me though the process.

I am new to this weave game(obviously) and just wanted your opinions about a brick-and-mortar place where I can purchase good hair. I am looking for hair that will last me through multiple installs. I'm 20 min from Philly right now but am heading to NY. So any places around there would work out for me.

At first I was set on Lugo's( my mom told me that's where people go to get good weave hair) but then I google and come on this site and Yelp and the place has sooo many mixed reviews, I'm not trying to spend my money on subpar quality. Any one try Select Strands?I have also heard of Indique, and that place is pretty pricey. Any other places?

I'm not so sure if it's of good quality anymore it used be i just started using wagman's. I used to walk into adorable hair order my hair it used to be 70% spanish wave and 30% straight. I would leave it to get wefted and go have lunch and it would be ready to pick up an hour later. They close early like 5. My last batch from them i abused the crap out of it, salt water, clorine=nap ball
http://www.adorablehairdo.com

I heard bad things about lugo's and for some reason there are 2 lugo's locations one in brooklyn and one in manhattan and i have no clue which one is real.
Warning: my friend ordered from the one in manhattan. It became a rat's nest.

Then there is erena hair but i have seen it never been inside
http://erenahaircenters.com/new/

Try indiquehair.com the have a boutique in NY and NJ. There hair s really good. I have hair from the from 2 yrs ago and I reuse it frequently and it still looks great.

I second Adorable Hair Do although I have not used them since like 2007 when I started my transition to natural hair. I used Adorable Spanish wavy hair for years, wefts and bulk, with no problems. I liked them a lot since they made my wefts thin to lay very flat against my fine, mildly relaxed hair.

I use to swear by Adorable Hair do but I also haven to used them since 2008. I used to get a blend of spanish wavy and straight. When my real hair was like 8 different shades of blonde. By just looking at my hair, they were able to create wefts replicating my hair very well.

Back