BEST Natural Shampoos!?

*ElleB

What are the best natural shampoos. They seem to get a bum rap. Which ones have u used that were great, gave softness and most of all, EFFECTIVELY cleaned?

Jason's Natural's?

Aubrey's Organics?

Inky Loves Nature?

Asha's?

MyHoneyChild?

Castile Soap?

Give your reviews!

TIA

Castile Soap 4 me! I luv it! My hair is never stripped and still feels soft and moisturized after rinsing.

I use Dr. Bronners

ayoung1981 said:
Castile Soap 4 me! I luv it! My hair is never stripped and still feels soft and moisturized after rinsing.

I use Dr. Bronners

Which one do you use? the Pepper mint or...

And u dilute it right?

I really Love any thing from JASON's they do a great job! I've been trying out Co Bigleow (Bath & Body works) shampoo and I am very impressed as well.

JASONS does a decent job compared to some others i have tried in regards to cleaning and not stripping (ive tried Burts Bees Rosemary mint shampoo bar, Aubrey organics, Gary Nulls Heavenly something-or-other shampoo) but i caved and just bought Aveda Damage remedy shampoo. Although its not all natural, i just cant stand the way natural shampoos made my hair feel. I will continue to use Burts Bees and Jasons but may not re-purchase when they are used up.

Well my two main Jason shampoos are Biotin and Sea Kelp. Sea Kelp is completely sulfate-free and is gentler than Biotin which has sodium myreth sulfate in it. The Sea Kelp is really mild and moisturizing and Biotin is very cool and refreshing--it tingles a bit. I would recommend the Biotin shampoo to you in particular since you mentioned effective cleaning specifically. I love the Sea Kelp poo but if I have used something heavier in my hair (i.e. Profectiv oil sheen which has all manner of coating ingredients), I gotta reach for the Biotin.

I've only used it a few times so far, but I'm really liking the Druide Vitality shampoo. It is sulfate, silicone, and paraben-free and is comprised of many certified organic ingredients. Druide doesn't use synthetic fragrances, so it has a very earthy, spicy smell with a hint of lemony freshness due to the essential oils in it.

A couple notes about natural/organic shampoos:
1. Most are low-sudsing due to the lack of lauryl/laureth sulfates. Usually the directions will have you lather up twice because the formula is so mild. On a regular day I find it sufficient to lather the shampoo in my hand with some water first and then massage the lather into my scalp. Let it sit for a minute before rinsing and you shouldn't need to do a second lathering unless your hair is particularly oily/dirty or you just want a more clarifying effect.

2. I find this to be the case with hair products in general anyway, but especially with natural products: You will need to use it consistently for a while before you really start to notice the improvement in your hair. If you normally use more synthetic products, your hair may need to "adjust" for the first few days and may feel a little "off," but try to stick it out for a while before you decide if it is a good match for your hair or not.

Absolutely the Castile soap- my three favorite sources are : trader joe's version from trader joe's, www.thechemistrystore.com and dr. woods castile soap from www.myvitanet.com

But my second choice is the grandpa's soap that tropicexotic uses- it is great. I have to order it online so i have more castile soap on hand than grandpa's soap. But i will use some again next week.

This isn't on the list but I just recently tried Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet shampoo, I really liked it! I think it's gonna be right up there w/ my beloved CON. It wasn't stripping at all. It has a lot of natural oils in it so it was really pretty moisturizing. It lathered very well and had a pretty good slip when I rinsed. Overall I give it two thumbs up. The grapefruit smell is great too.

I used the JASON Naturals Thin to Thick Shampoo (and conditioner) and I was like :eek: :( :mad: !!! I am not sure why this product did not work for me. It made my hair feel stripped, dry, and almost fried.... My hair really responds to Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing....

I plan to try the Aubrey Organics line soon.

Back