Best Moisturizers???

blkrose101

Hi, Im new to the forum and I see a lot of women talking about moisturizing, however I haven't found a moisturizer that is good for my hair
ohwell.gif
. I keep reading about these great moisturizers but then there is an ingredient in it that is
bad
nono.gif
for the hair, so I've decided to just use water and glycerin and seal with jojoba oil but that
isn't a good enough moisturizer
for my hair
look.gif
. Any suggestions???
yawn.gif

Welcome!! Have you tried sealing with coconut oil? My hair loves that oil the most and many ladies have success with it. As you try different products/techniques you'll learn more of what your hair likes.

I personally do not like glycerin in anything other than rinse out conditioners, it dries my hair. Maybe you should try to lay off that for a while and see if you retain more moisture.

Right now my favorite moisturizer is Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme.

Also, tell us more about your hair... are you natural/relaxed/transitioning? Do you have fine/medium/thick hair? How often do you wash and condition and with what?

Hey and welcome!

What have you tried to use before?

Don't be put off by all ingredients that are supposedly "bad" otherwise you won't use anything!:yep:

Remember depending on where they are the list indicates concentration. I love Mizani h2O which isnt a moisturiser but has mineral oil but my hair loves it.

I really like ORS moisturiser i use that twice a day then my h2o.

I tried glycerin bt its too heavy for my relaxed hair, when natural i loved it.

As a general rule of thumb, water should be the first ingredient in a good moisturizer. Oils, shea butter or oil/butter based creams are NOT moisturizers but rather sealants for moisturized hair and help the hair to feel softer. Honestly nothing beats plane old water spritzed onto the hair and sealed with castor oil or a product like Qhemet's amla heavy cream.

In other words, a water based moisturizer (like the one you used) in combination with a good sealant (i.e butter) should keep the hair moisturized.

Welcome!! Have you tried sealing with coconut oil? My hair loves that oil the most and many ladies have success with it. As you try different products/techniques you'll learn more of what your hair likes.

I personally do not like glycerin in anything other than rinse out conditioners, it dries my hair. Maybe you should try to lay off that for a while and see if you retain more moisture.

Right now my favorite moisturizer is Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme.

Also, tell us more about your hair... are you natural/relaxed/transitioning? Do you have fine/medium/thick hair? How often do you wash and condition and with what?
I'm apl texlaxed thick hair and I wash once a week but rarely dc I do a lot of protein treatments and I think I od'ed a lil, but thanks for the replies I will see what I can find

so with all the replies I'm wondering if every one has the same definition of "a moisturizer"
for me it's a water based products.
not a cream, I mean not an emulsion.

and my moisturizer is simply water + aloe vera(gel or juice as you want ) + honey powder + panthenol. and I sometimes add sulfated castor oil just a teaspoon, that help for essential oils to be diluted in.

As a general rule of thumb, water should be the first ingredient in a good moisturizer. Oils, shea butter or oil/butter based creams are NOT moisturizers but rather sealants for moisturized hair and help the hair to feel softer. Honestly nothing beats plane old water spritzed onto the hair and sealed with castor oil or a product like Qhemet's amla heavy cream.

In other words, a water based moisturizer (like the one you used) in combination with a good sealant (i.e butter) should keep the hair moisturized.
+1
everythng she said !

What are some good moisturizers that don't weigh your hair down or mess with your swang?
Bee Mine Deja Hair Milk
Personally, I use Bee Mine Balancing Cream Moisturizer it's thicker and creamier as opposed to the hair milk but I have tried and liked both.

Mizani Coconut Souffle was my staple before I found Darcy's Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme. If you don't mind cones it's a good moisturizer and smells great. It's very thick, but melts into the hair nicely.

Back