Best Moisturizer for weaves

SKing

Haven't posted here in a long time. I originally posted due to desperation when I screwed my daughters' hair up.
But anyway, I am wearing a sewn in weave due to the fact that my hair is very damaged and I mean I put the DAMN! in damaged. I was putting those $5 permanent color bottles on my hair, until one time I did it to close after a relaxer and it caught up with me. Now I barely have any hair.
I live in the Dominican Republic (although I am a black female) and my stylist has me wearing a weave in order to rest my hair, only the top and a bit of the sides are out, and that is the only part that she relaxes. Anyway, here they do not use oils or moisturizers of course and she tells me that I do not need it but the braids are dry and my scalp itches from time to time and I am BLACK and something just feels weird about not greasing my hair. I just want something light, that will help my hair to grow. I just want to apply it to the scalp in between the braids and very little to the top and sides.
My hair is also very thin now, I really did a number on it. I actually do not know if it will ever recoup.
And living here does not help as Dominicans (the majority), have gorgeous hair.
Gracias por todo!

Back