BEST MILD PROTEIN AND MOISTURE COMBO EVER!!!!

Raine054

I think I've stumbled onto the beginnings of my regimen!!!

Here is a picture of my MBL/WL as it was 4 weeks ago for anyone interested. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=393306

Hard water was ruining my ends!!!

Thanks to you lovely ladies on LHCF, I learned where I stand on protein and moisture. I concluded that I needed to wash my hair more often since most of my products contain cones. My moisture level was OK because I do use avocado and sweet almond butters and seal with KEMI OYL but my hair needed protein. It felt soft and weak!!

Here is what I did last weekend!!!

• I detangled with a Goody Ouchless comb and pre pooed with Olive Oil. I applied it mostly to my ends and I was very generous. I also used this time to section my hair into 2 braids. I know most people do more but this seems to work fine for me.
  • I rolled the brains up pin curl style and tied it down with my satin scarf.
  • For washing, I used Vitale Olive Oil Moisturizing Shampoo. This is a new addition to the line and it works amazingly!!! I lather my scalp and allow the foam to run down the length of my hair. I do this twice to make sure I get all the cones out.
  • Next, I took a fistful of Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayo, an egg, a a few table spoons of olive oil and mixed this into a bowl. I know a few ladies haven't good results with this conditioner in terms of slip and neither did I but it is amazing for light protein. I left this mixture on for an hour and rinse my hair. Right away, my hair felt stronger. I can't explain it. But it is exactly what I needed. The first four ingredients in this conditioner are Water, Olive Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed soy protein.
  • Next, I applied Silicon Mix to my hair covered with a plastic cap and went to sleep on it!!!
  • The next morning, I rinsed and roller set. I roller set with CHI serum and I add tiny amount of Kemi Oyl to my ends before I roll. Unlike most ladies, I allow my roller set to air dry (in front/under a fan)most of the way since I try to avoid heat as best I can. This means I only have to sit under dryer for 10 minutes on medium heat, followed my 10 minutes of cool heat to lock in the bounce and curl. PICS COMING SOON
  • Needless to say, My hair feels amazing!!! It's soft, smooth, my ends are seal and feel moisturized. I combed my hair and I did not lose one strand. It feels so strong. I'm not afraid to run my fingers through it and it DH loves the smell!!!!!
  • For the next 7 days, I will moisturize with olive butter and seal with Kemi Oyl and repeat this process again.
moz-screenshot.png

I use almost the same mixture for my protein treatments!
I use one small egg, two tablespoons of ORS Hair Mayo, and one capful of Olive Oil, and I leave it for 20 minutes before DCing. My hair always comes out feeling strong.
I'm glad you found something that works for you. :yep:

Chaos - do you rinse with cool water? when I used to use eggs and rinsed with water that was too warm, i ended up with scrambled eggs in my hair, lol

Thanks for sharing, I’m glad you were able to discover the problem and remedy it :clapping: It’s great when you find something that works so well for you. Your hair look beautiful by the way!

Chaos - do you rinse with cool water? when I used to use eggs and rinsed with water that was too warm, i ended up with scrambled eggs in my hair, lol

I had that problem too. Rinsing with cold water is a must if you are using eggs!!!

:lachen:
Yup, I always use cool water to rinse.
The first time I did it, I cooked the egg in my hair too. I had to sit there for half an hour, picking boiled eggs from my hair. :rolleyes:

Back