Best Lightweight Portable Hair Dryer

KinksnCurlz

Best Lightweight Portable (meaning around the house) Hair Dryer

I love my Pibbs but sometimes I want to run household errands whilst my hair is drying. What is the best portable (lightweight) hair dryer and how long does it take to dry your hair.

Please let me know if your hair is long, short, thick and/or fine.

Thanks ya'll.

Last edited:
If you have a handheld I would suggest buying a bonnet attachment. I use my ION blowdryer with the conairpro large bonnet attachment and it works great. I visit my parents on the weekend and it is extremely portable. I have found that the attachable bonnets are a lot more durable then the bonnet dryers (well at least the Carel bonnet dryer).

Thanks charm but I want one that I can have on my head and walk around the house with (with an extension cord of course).

I am under my Gold N Hot Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer right now. I love it! I bought a hooded dryer like the Pibbs that everyone talks about last year and I am (a year later) wanting to sell it.

I read about the Bonnet in someone's fotki and have been using it for about 5 months now. I don't even touch my big ole hooded thang any more......I think it was Pokahantas fotki (not sure) check and see. If it was --- best suggestion of 2007!!!! Love the thang!

CaramelHonee - Sorry it took me a minute I just looked at this thread again. I could walk around with an extension cord (I don't though) but the dryer is really easy to manuever. I can sit on the couch or in a chair or at the kitchen table (all that to say :lachen:anywhere).

egan 26 - No, unfortunately it's not quiet. But my kids sleep pretty deeply and as long as I'm in my bedroom downstairs - they don't hear it but I cant hear the TV at all.....It may be loud but the other benefits far outweight the noise)!!

HTH :grin:

CaramelHonee - Sorry it took me a minute I just looked at this thread again. I could walk around with an extension cord (I don't though) but the dryer is really easy to manuever. I can sit on the couch or in a chair or at the kitchen table (all that to say :lachen:anywhere).

egan 26 - No, unfortunately it's not quiet. But my kids sleep pretty deeply and as long as I'm in my bedroom downstairs - they don't hear it but I cant hear the TV at all.....It may be loud but the other benefits far outweight the noise)!!

HTH :grin:

Thank you much!

Back