Best Kinky Straight Hair to blend with 4A/4B for Vacation

juleemango

Hello! I'm desperate for a brand to blend my 4a/4b natural hair. I want to get a sew-in, leaving my edges out.. Not 100% sold on getting a closure. I'm considering the Shenghori Shells Natural Rhythms.. but scared I won't be able to straighten it in humid, tropical climates. Please advise -- I want something that can be worn straight w/ curls as I want to have the versatility. But also something if I get wet.. will have a wave with my natural hair.

Thanks ladies!

Onyc seems to have the best natural hair out at the moment. Its pricey but I know you can straighten in and such. Its called the Mongolian Kinky-Curly.

Attachments

• kinky straight.jpg
    kinky straight.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 99
  • coarse relaxed.jpg
    coarse relaxed.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I used Bohyme Indian rent hair. EVERYONE thought it was my hair.

Attachments

• image-3138641770.jpg
    image-3138641770.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 192
  • image-488277181.jpg
    image-488277181.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 161
allaboutmyhair coarse relaxed or kinky straight. I think you may enjoy either one of these.

http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=6

And I've used hairesthetic kinky straight and it's fabulous. I believe it should be able to blend well with 4A/4B. I saw alot of 4A/4B ladies that used it and liked it.

http://www.hairesthetic.com/hairextensions_Indianremykinkystraight.aspx

But you may like the allaboutmyhair kinky straight better because it has more texture to it.

these pics attached look great. Thanks I'll have to reserach both brands.. This is my texture straight. It never lasts.. so I need something kinky :)
IMG_3714-vi.jpg

IMG_3713-vi.jpg

I'm a 4b and HE Cuticle Kinky Straight is a match. I only have in one bundle (14", I split the wefts) and I only have my perimeter out in the pic.

FYI: Sabino Moisture Block is your friend.

Attachments

• image-1262747349.jpg
    image-1262747349.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 197
I'm a 4b and HE Cuticle Kinky Straight is a match. I only have in one bundle (14", I split the wefts) and I only have my perimeter out in the pic.

Yeah the hairesthetics hair is great. I can't say enough good things about it. I have an album up of my install i my profile. That's how it looked blowdried and curled with a curling wand but most times I just did a braid out with it. I kept it in for 8 or 10 weeks. No issues whatsoever. I had a horseshoe leaveout.

I only used 4 oz and split the wefts but you may want 6 oz.

Heres two pics from the album

Attachments

• user316531_pic109921_1320775800.jpg
    user316531_pic109921_1320775800.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 164
  • user316531_pic109925_1320775800.jpg
    user316531_pic109925_1320775800.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

nlv that style is super cute! Where are more pics, and how do you wear the hair when it is down?

fuchsiastar said:
nlv that style is super cute! Where are more pics, and how do you wear the hair when it is down?

I wear it curled when down. Haven't worn it down since I got it done. Been too hot to be wearing your hair down here.

Attachments

• image-1164213738.jpg
    image-1164213738.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 93
Yeah the hairesthetics hair is great. I can't say enough good things about it. I have an album up of my install i my profile. That's how it looked blowdried and curled with a curling wand but most times I just did a braid out with it. I kept it in for 8 or 10 weeks. No issues whatsoever. I had a horseshoe leaveout.

How is shedding with this hair? Can you get a needle easily through the tracks?

MiamiHottie said:
How is shedding with this hair? Can you get a needle easily through the tracks?

I got only a few shed hairs the whole time I wore it. No shedding issues at all. I sealed the wefts.

I dont sew thru my tracks so I'm not sure....

I split the weft & we sewed around it

Last edited:

I need to get this

Hello! I'm desperate for a brand to blend my 4a/4b natural hair. I want to get a sew-in, leaving my edges out.. Not 100% sold on getting a closure. I'm considering the Shenghori Shells Natural Rhythms.. but scared I won't be able to straighten it in humid, tropical climates. Please advise -- I want something that can be worn straight w/ curls as I want to have the versatility. But also something if I get wet.. will have a wave with my natural hair.

Thanks ladies!
How about not leaving any hair out? This is what im going to do because i dont want to damage the leave out and im too lazy to blend.

I got only a few shed hairs the whole time I wore it. No shedding issues at all. I sealed the wefts.

I dont sew thru my tracks so I'm not sure....

I split the weft & we sewed around it
ManeStreetWhat do you use to seal your wefts?

I used Dritz Fray Check from the fabric stop. Its like $3 & dries clear & flexible. I think is at walmart too

Last edited:
I used Dritz Fray Check from the fabric stop. Its like $3 & dries clear & flexible. I think is at walmart too
Thanks. Do you seal before or after washing? And what do you use to wash the hair before installing? I read on BHM about clarifying overnight.

I got some off eBay for $18 shipped but I think they have a 30% off sale going on. My hair has not frizzed of converted back yet and it has been very humid here. I haven't flat ironed in a week.
Thank you.

I washed & condition with whatever shampoo/conditioner that I already have on hand that I am trying to use up. I washed it a few times in a row and added a lil leave in. whatever I'm trying to use up which at that time was cantu or hawaiian silky 14n1.

I airdry it & once its completely dry I seal it at least 1 day b4 the install.

Last edited:

Beautiful hair ladies! :)

Bohyme Brazilian Wave, its the best. It's remy, it can go from kinky, curly, wavy to straight. It holds a braid out and twistout like the real thing. I haven't encountered a better hair kinky or straight.

I'm such a split & seal newbie.. Would it make sense to seal the weft..if not being split. My major concern with splitting -- is it won't look thick enough for me. Perhaps I just split the top?

u dont have to split. I did because I knew I only wanted to use 4 oz. If you are buying 8 oz then u dont have to split it

Back