Best hooded dryer?

PinkLily

I really need to get one for my rollersets. I'm probably going to go to Sally's tonight or tomorrow. What brand would you ladies recommend? (p.s. I have a big head so I need something where my head will fit w/ rollers :lol:) Do they come in different sizes too? TIA!

PIBBS 514 or what I have 518 (currently made by Parlux).

The 514 is HOT :blush: and fast. The 518 is not hot, but has a big hood and is super fast.

ETA: Most dryers have a standard hood size. There are some that have a larger hood, but with most of this equipment, you pay alot more for those amenities.

I love my Lady Dazey but I was told that they stopped making them. I don't think the PIBBS is available at Sallys, or at least I've never seen it at mine. You might want to try the ION or GoldnHot.. those are the only ones I know of that are sold at Sallys.

Pibbs is great. Contact the maker, Petrucelli Beauty Supply, directly. Do a google search. The Pibbs will pay itself off in less than a year when you check out how much you spend going to the salon for a touchup. A lot of the salons in my area use the Kwik Dri, so I bought it and saved myself the cost of going to the salon so often.

i have the ion brand but i dont use it for rollersetting so therefore i dont know if it will fit...but it gets hot really good :)

candibaby said:
I love my Lady Dazey but I was told that they stopped making them. I don't think the PIBBS is available at Sallys, or at least I've never seen it at mine. You might want to try the ION or GoldnHot.. those are the only ones I know of that are sold at Sallys.

Actually Sally's does sell Pibbs 512 and 514. The Parlux is available through Pibbs Institute, but it's $545. I got mine for $279.

tryn2growmyhair said:
Pibbs is great. Contact the maker, Petrucelli Beauty Supply, directly. Do a google search. The Pibbs will pay itself off in less than a year when you check out how much you spend going to the salon for a touchup. A lot of the salons in my area use the Kwik Dri, so I bought it and saved myself the cost of going to the salon so often.
You are not lying.
I thought that I was doing something grand when I purchased my Venus Highlander commercial dryer :ohwell:
It was ok, but I spent twice as much time under that thing that I do under the Pibbs. Thanks to CaramelHone and Honi I started to see the light :angel:

Yep pibbs 514 !!! I got mine for $100 -- ebay. It's a miracle worker. I can just barely fit in with 24 bright purple/fuschia magnetic rollers with snap on covers :)

Do any of these have a cool setting? I want a dryer with a cool setting, unsure about how many out there have it...

Porsche19 said:
Do any of these have a cool setting? I want a dryer with a cool setting, unsure about how many out there have it...
I'm pretty sure that the Pibbs does. I know that the Venus Highlander does, but again...it takes a lot longer to dry.

The Pibbs has a temperature setting up to 70... i have never gone below 60 although i am sure the lower you go, the cooler the air.

Back