best hair in my life

blesstress

finally I came up with a combination that turned my 4b course hair into the fluffest and softest ever.I made a homemade moisturizers from the previous posts(distilled water, glycerin, oil, a thin moisturizing conditioner such as Pantene and essential oil). But this time I made it without addeding water. I used aloe vera liquid and aloe vera juice instead of the water and it is the bomb. My three year old daughter hair is getting compliments.

I've also been adding the aloe vera liquid(from fresh aloe leaves. take gel and whiped in a bullet blender with a little aloe vera juice. Then strain using a muslin cloth. The straining is a must!!)- to all my conditioners.

Since I've been only CW these past weeks I've also used the aloe liquid pulp to cleanse my hair instead of shampoo. I read that aztec indians and several others use the aloe vera to cleans their hair instead of shampoo. Since I CW every other day and don't have product buildup on my hair using the aloe by itself has been perfect. Never in my life have I touched my own hair so much. I don't know if using the aloe vera gel from the stores produces the same result but fresh aloe gel(strained) is awesome added to your haircare regime.

Be blessed

blessedtress

Can you break down your aloe vera process?

So you use fresh aloe vera...and you juice it first...then you process the pulp and then you strain it using what? A regular wire strainer? do you leave the skin on?

Sorry I just got lost in the details :confused:

It takes a little time but its worth it to me. I buy some big aloe leaves at the farmer's market. I peel one side off and then slice the gel center out with a knife. I put all the gel into a container and add a little aloe vera juice(I had Nature's way in the refrigerator) to help liquify it. I have one of those hand Braun handblender's that allows you to stick it in a cup and blend. I whip it up and continue to add aloe juice until it is thin enough to strain. I strain it through a pair of knee hi nylon stocking or muslin cloth. Store in the refergerator to add to your conditioners etc or wash hair.

For the moisturizer I mix enough aloe gel and aloe juice to equal 8oz, add 3 tbls of glycerin, 1 tbls of coconut oil, 1 tsp of castor oil, 1 tablespoon of Pantene conditioner and few drops of tea tree and rosemary oil to perserve. then shake.

It left my hair really moist without making it heavy.

Blessedtress

blesstress said:
It takes a little time but its worth it to me. I buy some big aloe leaves at the farmer's market. I peel one side off and then slice the gel center out with a knife. I put all the gel into a container and add a little aloe vera juice(I had Nature's way in the refrigerator) to help liquify it. I have one of those hand Braun handblender's that allows you to stick it in a cup and blend. I whip it up and continue to add aloe juice until it is thin enough to strain. I strain it through a pair of knee hi nylon stocking or muslin cloth. Store in the refergerator to add to your conditioners etc or wash hair.

For the moisturizer I mix enough aloe gel and aloe juice to equal 8oz, add 3 tbls of glycerin, 1 tbls of coconut oil, 1 tsp of castor oil, 1 tablespoon of Pantene conditioner and few drops of tea tree and rosemary oil to perserve. then shake.

It left my hair really moist without making it heavy.

Blessedtress

Since this has aloe juice in it do you have to keep it refigerated between uses? TIA

Back