Best Hair for Weaving (outside of EP) (:

Thanks for your response! I was reading on BHF and they were mentioning that the relaxed straight hair does not blend well and some people get a curlier texture and flat iron it to resemble a true AA relaxed texture. Has this been your experience? What type of hair do you typically get?

Thank you for the responses ladies! Sheba1, what type of hair did you use from halley's curls?

I have the gentle wave relaxed hybrid with large closure. I wanted soft body if I decided not to flat iron; but wanted hair that I could go back and forth between flat iron and curly. I haven't installed it yet (waiting til my bday). But the hair is BEAUTIFULLLLL. I've already washed and deep conditioned it and it's just gorgeous.

That's one thing I love about quality hair. You're encouraged to wash and condtion it right out of the pack. So you have a better understanding as to how the hair will behave once installed.

I have 2 batches of Wagmans virgin straight hair and it blends nice with my fine 4b hair, I had a halfwig made with some of the hair I had from sew ins. I know they always have a waiting list for the virgin hair though.

I have some kinky straight hair that I purchased from hisandhers almost a year ago. Instead of the traditional weave install, I sewed clips on it that way I can remove it at will. I have enjoyed this option. I have flat ironed this hair and straightened it with the "old fashioned" straightening comb. I have used it in braidouts, bantu knot outs, you name it. It is still very beautiful, of course does not mat, and is a very good quality hair. I'm old school and have been wearing weaves on and off for the last 20 years. I have enjoyed my hair from hisandhers and the adorable hair do corp has very good quality hair as well. I have used the bone straight and afro kinky from the adorable hair do line with very good results. I've learned over the years that BSS hair can be a waste of money and time. You might get a good batch ... or you might not.

I have to agree that Halley's is good. I haven't tried any of the hybrids, but the relaxed straight is classic.

Back