Best Hair Dryers (hood or hand held)

AFashionSlave

Hey everyone,
I was looking into buying another hood and another hand held dryer.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
How much did you pay for your hair dryer?
Does anyone here use an ionic hair dryer...if so is it worth the money?

smile.gif
Thanks in advance.

I bought my hood dryer at Walmart for about $30 but I wouldn't recommend it b/c it only has two settings - low & high - and the hood isn't very big so it wouldn't work for large rollersets.

Hairlove is the one you have the conair one? I think it is 1600 watts and it says that it is suppose to have a hood that can fit large rollers.

I bought a hooded hair dryer from the Goodwill and purchased another from Ebay. The one I bought from ebay has 5 different settings and I love it.

My favorite hood dryer is the Lady Dazey. Unlike a lot of the dryers being made today, the bonnet is nice and roomy, air comes out of all the vents at the same speed at the same time and it has more than 2 heat settings. And they last forever! My aunt has been using the same one since the 70's/80's. I won a hard one and a soft one on eBay.

I don't know much about blow dryers. I like whatever is under $30, has a pick attachment, a warm and a cold heat setting (not just a 'cool shot'' button) and separate buttons to adjust the heat flow and airflow. I have the Helen of Troy Professional Gold Series Turbo Dryer. I can blow cold air on my head at high speed, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
My favorite hood dryer is the Lady Dazey. Unlike a lot of the dryers being made today, the bonnet is nice and roomy, air comes out of all the vents at the same speed at the same time and it has more than 2 heat settings. And they last forever! My aunt has been using the same one since the 70's/80's. I won a hard one and a soft one on eBay.

I don't know much about blow dryers. I like whatever is under $30, has a pick attachment, a warm and a cold heat setting (not just a 'cool shot'' button) and separate buttons to adjust the heat flow and airflow. I have the Helen of Troy Professional Gold Series Turbo Dryer. I can blow cold air on my head at high speed, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these dryers still sold? I did a search on the net and couldn't find any.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
My favorite hood dryer is the Lady Dazey. Unlike a lot of the dryers being made today, the bonnet is nice and roomy, air comes out of all the vents at the same speed at the same time and it has more than 2 heat settings. And they last forever! My aunt has been using the same one since the 70's/80's.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O
I have two Lady Dazey dryers (hooded one and a soft bonnet one). I bought them in the 80s, and they STILL work as good as new.

If you are looking for a good hand held dryer, I would recommend the Conair Yellowbird. It comes with two attachments and you can find it at Sally's.

How many Watts should a soft bonnet dryer have to be effective at drying. how many Watts does the Lady Dazey dryer have?

I haven't seen them in stores for at least 10 years. I still see them for sale online, though. The ones I got off eBay were used, but in great shape.

Actually, the first soft bonnet Dazey Natural Wonder I won didn't work
mad.gif
but the seller gave me my $$$ back.

If you see a Dazey, grab it!

Sally's has an ionic hooded dryer by Ion on sale for $40 dollars I think. Its hard to find ionic hooded dryers. The ions seem to make my hair less dry.

Back