best hair dryer and rollers to use....

Amina

I recently cut my hair. I went from a few inches below shoulder length and now my hair is right at the base of my neck. :mad: (to make a long story short gum can be a b****) but anyhoo my hair dryer broked when I was moving into my dorm (it wasnt any good to begin with). So I am asking yall, what type hair dryer is best to use for roller setting and also what type rollers are good to use. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Pibbs Kwik Dry. Hands down. Do a search. You may be able to get it for less than $200. This is a dryer that is used at most of the fancy salons in my area and they put you under it when they want you to dry fast. I just bought the drier and did my hair at home instead of going to them all the time. I have save loads by doing this. It pays for itself pretty quickly. :lachen:

tryn2growmyhair said:
Pibbs Kwik Dry. Hands down. Do a search. You may be able to get it for less than $200. This is a dryer that is used at most of the fancy salons in my area and they put you under it when they want you to dry fast. I just bought the drier and did my hair at home instead of going to them all the time. I have save loads by doing this. It pays for itself pretty quickly. :lachen:

I have thick hair which normally takes 2 hours to dry at the salon under a normal dryer. Where did you get your home Kwik dryer?

Thanks!

Amina said:
I recently cut my hair. I went from a few inches below shoulder length and now my hair is right at the base of my neck. :mad: (to make a long story short gum can be a b****) but anyhoo my hair dryer broked when I was moving into my dorm (it was any good to begin with). So I am asking yall, what type hair dryer is best to use for roller setting and also what type rollers are good to use. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

When I was in college, I didn't have much money, so if you are looking for something inexpensive but works pretty good, I would recommend the Ion Ionic Conditioning Hard Hood Bonnet, it's sold @ Sally's for $37.99. I also heard some of the ladies recommend Ion soft bonnet @ sally's...I can't remember how much though. HTH

Doll said:
I have thick hair which normally takes 2 hours to dry at the salon under a normal dryer. Where did you get your home Kwik dryer?

Thanks!
It's the salon version. Call the company and they can tell you where to get it in your area. www. pibbs.com

It cuts my drying time by 2/3. On the higher temps my hair can even dry in 30 mins. Its on the thin side, so for thicker hair it would probably take 45-1 hour. Well worth it.

Pibbs Kwik Dri 514. They use it at the dominican salon where I go and it dries my hair in 1 hour tops. I have thick hair (think Rudy Huxtable). As fas as rollers, magnetic rollers are the way to go. You can use the metal two prong clips to hold them in place.

Can u fold it up or do u have to leave it standing up? I would want to be able to store it when I'm not using it.

I like to use a soft bonnet dryer when I rollerset my hair. Also magnetic rollers will work and smoothen out your tresses.

Back