best for roller setting

alliyah4eva203

what is the best product for doing a roller set. do you use a wrap and set lotion or just a normal leave in. I went to the beauty supply store today to buy the soft and beautiful wrap and set lotion but they didn't have any so i got the tcb one instead. has anyone used this product. what is your opinion of it.
scratchchin.gif

I normally use lottabody setting lotion. I dilute it with 2 parts water (1 part lottabody). My hair sets well with this method.

Minimal Products, I tell ya. From now on I am just using a leave-in.. The results are a fluffy, bouncy, FIERCE roller-set.

I've heard a lot about that one. I guess I'd have to order it on-line if I decided to try it, because I've yet to find it in my area.

Thanks!

PBE, I think any leave-in will do.. Before I use to apply moisturizer and oil before my rollersets. I just realized all that extra stuff was taking away from the finished look of my rollersets. I watched the dominicans and this recent sytlist and they just used a leave-in, thats it.. So I tried this at home and I got the same results
smirk.gif
Talk about fluffy

PBE= PrettyBrownEyes, my user name.

Denali,

I hear a lot of mention of using a leave-in to roller-set with so of course, I'm kind of feeling like re-visiting this technique.
tongue.gif

The one time I tried it, I was still learning how to rollerset so since I've come a long way, maybe I'll try it out.

Thanks again.

I still love my Perm Repair setting lotion in the gray bottle. I sets your hair nicely without any crunchiness or drying effects. I use it on wet and dry hair and have never had any adverse effects. I also add a little bit of jojoba oil to it and the results are quite favorable for me.

I asked this question a few days ago as using a setting lotion usually made my hair too stiff. I did a set on friday using motions leave in and Fantasia IC Hair polisher. Its's like Keracare Silken Seal and gave a natural shine when it was dry. Im not using a setting lotion ever again!!!

Back