Best Daily Moisturizers For 4c Hair

DST1913

What do you use? Currently I use Oyin Hair Dew but I'm open to trying something new. This has worked for me but as I transition, for some reason it isn't working as well as it used to so I'm looking for something very moisturizing to use everyday. I tried Carol's Daughter hair milk which seemed to be good for me however, I'm staying away from cones and sulfates.

Any recommendations?

Mahogany Naturals Hair Milk is nice, it is very moisturising. It's not a "milk" though, it's much more rich and dense than that.

When I need that level of moisture, this is what I use.

I have 2 huge bottles of the old formula scurl that I LOVE. I am literally rationing out by cutting it with aloe vera juice.
Hopefully I can make it to BSL with what I have left. Once I'm out I will need this thread.
You mean the spray? Did they discontinue it?

You mean the spray? Did they discontinue it?
Yes the spray/mositurizer.
They reformulated it and the newer ones have argan oil. My hair did not like it, so I found some huge bottles of the old formula and have been using that.

I have 4A/4B/4C hair, however the moisturizers that have worked wonders on my hair even my driest 4C parts are:

Nu Gro Spray Moisturizer
As I Am So Much Moisture!
Design Essentials Natural Avocado and Almond Daily Moisturizing Lotion
As I Am Double Butter Cream

I believe all the products above are cone free as well

Oyin hair dew is bae! Other great moisturizers I've used are:
- Jane Carter Incredible Curls (this is a new monthly favorite. It's moisturizers my 4c hair and I love the smell)
- Soultanicals marula muru (I love the performance but hated the smell- I'm glad she has the melon scented version for the summer
-Shea Moisture JBCO smoothie (I loooooooove this stuff-- but I won't be repurchasing once it's finished)

Camille rose curl love, Camille rose coconut water leave-in. I have 4a/b/c hair my hair loves Camille rose leave-ins, moisturizers and twisting butter.

:curtain:This is what I use. I'm a low porosity 4B type instead of 4C

Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion (glycerin-based)
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing
Hair Treatment (as a leave-in)
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Moisturizing Conditioner (as a leave-in)
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (as a leave-in)
Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream

So I tried the cantu again and I think this is a keeper. The first time I used it I realized it was really greasy but the next day my hair was perfectly moisturized. I really think it's glycerin. This is the only moisturizer I have with glycerin in it and I think it really made a difference. I like the way it coated my hair. It feels really moisturized.

Oyin hairdew is a fav in my household....been using it for about 5yrs on my daughter waist length 4b...and now myself now that I'm natural again. I'll be stocking your thread OP i need a backup moisturizer just in case.i also agree the old s-curl formula was EVERYTHING!! The new formula just sits on my hair.

didn't want to like it but that shea moisture jam blk castor oil leave in, leaves hair moisturized for a few days

I also spray aloe vera juice and that has been great

oil as well, almond oil, I want my hair light yet moisturized as my hair requires a ton of moisture

every two weeks I put a small amount of tea tree oil on my scalp and massage, but I keep my scalp light, which allows for the follicles to be free to grow grow and grow

Any curl activator originally used for Jheri curls(aka glycerin based products). Scurl No Drip spray, Care Free Curl Activator, Etcetera. Keeps my hair super moisturized.

I'm on the hunt for a new moisturizer with more basic natural ingredients. I currently use Cantu leave-in conditioner cream with Argan Oil but I want to try something else. I want to try SheScentIt products so I'll be placing my order for that soon.

Back