Best choice for dying a natural.

crizzbee

I have natural dark hair and wish to color- any thoughts on the best method? Henna, Indigo or Naturatint?? Which is least damaging ( drying) with lasting results.

I just colored my hair with Indigo yesterday (pic in siggy). Its better than any box dye I have ever used. If you want to go black I recommend the Indigo!

Thanks...not sure if i want to stay dark- was thinking of something lighter but i love the way henna/indigo give you shine. What color could i achieve with henna? ps.. i love ur hair!

Since you have dark hair, you won't have any color change with henna. THe most you would get are some red highlights that you would really only be able to see out in the sun.

I think if you want to go lighter you will have to go the permanent color route. If so I highly recommend Aveda.

Last edited:
Manic Panic? never heard of this...the Cellophane that Beauty Noire mentioned sounds interesting...shine, good color, no amonia-peroxide!! tell me more about manic... thanks ladies.

I use henna to color my hair. I used permanent color in my hair -ONCE- I was natural and it straightened my hair like I had a perm. So I stay clear of those.

I did a permanent once...left my hair like straw...and was gone in a few months-- hair and dye!! So i'm def afraid of permanents....don't need any set backs. Only thing i did love was the amazing color, and i dont think henna is going to do that- but if it's healthier i could learn to love it. thanks Ibellin

Back