Best Cheapies and Non-Black products

kizzylonghair

Ladies,

My hair is so well behaved at the moment I am ready to try some cheapie products. I wont give up my Nexxus or Keracare but......

I go into my chemist and see mountains of products for non-black hair that are less than a qtr of the price of my normal products.
Some of them have to work!!!!!

You ladies with your secrets. LET ME IN :smile:

I am looking 4 conditioner
A Protein treatment

and anything else you recommend....

Kizzy xxx

I like Superdrug's Coconut shampoo and conditioner (99p) each, Superdrug's Henna Intensive conditioner (99p - £1.99, I can't remember), Henara Treatment wax (£1.49 - £2.00?) and (a 'black' product, but a cheapie, I think I paid about £1.20...) Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol.

DEP botantical gel

omg, i was always so scared of gel, thinking it would break my hair, yada yada, but this kind is alcohol free, has wheat protein etc. in it, and it doesn't make the hair hard. It's great! I found it at giant. and its only 3.99

PerfectDoak said:
I like Superdrug's Coconut shampoo and conditioner (99p) each, Superdrug's Henna Intensive conditioner (99p - £1.99, I can't remember), Henara Treatment wax (£1.49 - £2.00?) and (a 'black' product, but a cheapie, I think I paid about £1.20...) Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol.

I love Superdrug's

For those prices, I really got to try some of them.

Ever since I started looking in on another board and saw Midnitecurls' hair (I'm pretty sure some here recognize her), and saw she uses Dove- I have been Dove shamp and cond exclusively!! I know she uses other things, but she doesn't follow trends or fads, she just uses what her hair responds to!
CopyofOct05Photos003.jpg

Her homepage-
http://hometown.aol.com/metamystica/metamysticasrealm.html

my hair does not respond at all to any cheapies. NTM serum and creme leave in is pretty good. CON poo, EQP products are good as well. that's about it. I've tried herbal essences cond...it was the best drug store brand that i've bought but it didn't do all that well. Well the suave peaches n cream cond softens my hair okay. I water it down and use it as a rinse...

mermaid said:
Ever since I started looking in on another board and saw Midnitecurls' hair (I'm pretty sure some here recognize her), and saw she uses Dove- I have been Dove shamp and cond exclusively!! I know she uses other things, but she doesn't follow trends or fads, she just uses what her hair responds to!
CopyofOct05Photos003.jpg

Her homepage-

I think I am going to have to try DOVe. GOSH and I thought I had a lot of hair!

I tried Dove when it first hit shelves, and it was okay . I gave it to my sister and she thinks it works pretty well. A lot of my products are cheapies with the exception of my line of Nexxus products. They all work well or else I wouldn't be using them...

Shampoos by:

L'oreal Color Vive
Creme of Nature
NTM
Mane 'N Tail
Suave Daily Clarifying

Conditioners by:

L'oreal Color Vive
Creme of Nature
NTM
Mane 'N Tail
Motions
Aussie
Lustrasilk Cholesterol

I use mostly cheap product sauve sleek, sauve coconut but I add things to them like honey, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, as well as other oils. This is what have worked for me.

Mane and Tail as a light protein and leave in conditioner and Good Old Fashioned Murray's Pomade ($1.79 tin) on the edges to keep the new growth under control.

DDTA is great conditioner for co washes especially when newgrowth is rough.
It's been discontinued but there are some still floating around at Dollar Tree stores and Big Lots.
This conditioner is moisturizing with great slip.
Suave Milk & Honey is good also.

V05 Conditioners
Suave Conditioners
White Rain Conditioners

I've used them all, and they work very well with my hair, plus they're all under a buck! :)

I am in love with the creme of nature shampoo with the greenish-yellow top and the creme of nature conditioner with the purple cap. My hair always comes out so soft and shiny when i use them. they were about 2.00 and some change each at Target.

mermaid said:
CopyofOct05Photos003.jpg

Her homepage-

WHOA! :eek: That is one of the most amazing heads of hair I've ever seen! Totally gorgeous!!!

redeemed516 said:
I am in love with the creme of nature shampoo with the greenish-yellow top and the creme of nature conditioner with the purple cap. My hair always comes out so soft and shiny when i use them. they were about 2.00 and some change each at Target.

My hair loves these too. I've been using the shampoo for years after I condition just to get enough slip to detangle. I can't live without this!

mermaid said:
CopyofOct05Photos003.jpg

Her homepage-

Wow, what a beautiful head of hair!!
BTW, I use Daily Defense (I bought the last 5 bottles that I could find at Dollar General); NTM; Aussie Deeppp Con; Matrix line (incredible products for curly hair!!)

Back