Besides EcoStyhler...

Glib Gurl

...what are some brands of gel do you recommend? I'm looking for somethign with a strong hold....

Thanks!!

Xtreme Gel is my holy grail gel and it doesn't have protein which is what I love about it as well as the smell and hold. My wash and go's are everything to me when I use it hahaha

I love me some Eco too...

I've heard mention of IC fantasia gel and kiss my face upper management gel but I've never tried them myself

Xtreme Gel is my holy grail gel and it doesn't have protein which is what I love about it as well as the smell and hold. My wash and go's are everything to me when I use it hahaha
this held my twistouts/braidouts during the entire Summer and it was hot and humid. I love it. And I have tried the ecostyler and it was just okay for me.

I am not sure how it compares to EcoStyler but I like Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It dries clear and leaves hair soft. it a keeper for me.

Via Natural

yhst-88462588038071_2235_449486638

They are about the same price & work the same for me.

ETA: Ampro Pro Styl Olive Oil Gel

ampro%20olive%20gel.jpg

Last edited:
xtreme is the only thing higher up but in the long run i couldn't keep using it.

empressri why couldn't you keep using it?

Ladies, thanks for the recommendations. I hate to admit it but I'm looking for almost a light-weight version of that icky brown gel that folks used in the 90s to keep their french rolls and finger waves in place :giggle:

empressri why couldn't you keep using it?

Ladies, thanks for the recommendations. I hate to admit it but I'm looking for almost a light-weight version of that icky brown gel that folks used in the 90s to keep their french rolls and finger waves in place :giggle:

Glib Gurl my hair was getting a tad too dry for my liking. it's a darn good gel, though. i can use it sometimes, but not every wash and go

I actually like Ecostyler because its NOT so hard, even the #10 hold gels (but I seal or base with oil). I love the Argan Oil one.

It give me hold without the hard feel.

I love me some Eco too...

I've heard mention of IC fantasia gel and kiss my face upper management gel but I've never tried them myself

Kiss My Face Upper Management is actually a more medium hold.

I love KMF UMG, Ecostyler Blue and Argan Oil. But the Xtreme gel has some seriously strong hold. I mix it with a little oil before putting it on my hair. I don't like the hard hold look or crunch and like my hair to look natural but frizz-free for both my buns and WnGs. But if it is hold you are looking for, the Xtreme is a good one.

Back