Besides braids and twists- what other styles do naturals do

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I was trying to tell my friend styles that natural hair can do. I was unable to do alot of things to my natural hair, so she really did not believe me. Can u ladies please tell me what styles You can do?

braidouts, twistouts, rollersets using different types of rollers for the look you want, braids, twists, high puff, low puff, bun, all kinds of updos with cute clips or you can just wash 'n' go!
That's all I can think of right now. :)

You can also straighten natural hair to the point that it looks relaxed...using a good blow dryer and a serious ceramic flat iron or maxiglide, and the right products of course. I know lots of 4a/4b's who straighten their hair and nobody knows that they are natural!

You can do french rolls, buns, updos - but your hair has to be longer do those those styles natural than it has to be to do those styles straight.

Definitely do french rolls when me and my hair are fighting, and when buns. i also have done faux hawks, those little pomps with a ponytail in the back(gwen stefani esque). You can also flat wist going up the back and maybe the sides and leave th ends out for a little updo. and everything you do on wet hair you can do on dry and get a completely different result

Anything and everything. I stick to buns and keeping my hair in a clip for protective purposes (and laziness). Also- Love to do straw sets-once in a looong while.

Last edited:
there are also comb coils (perfect and gorgeous style for a twa or even a medium one) and for longer hair, "flat" coils - these are similar to flat twists except it's just one long coil instead of twisting two together.

Looks like everyone's covered it. You asked about french rolls. French rolls can be done on loose hair or it can be done on a set of twists, which is how I wear mine.

Just take your friend through some of the fotkis.

I believe that naturals can do all the styles that relaxed hair can do. Might have a little more "fullness" but almost every style that can be achieved can be achieved on natural hair.

Back