Belson Ion Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer Petition?

Everything Zen

Hey ladies,

Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer of the Belson Ion Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer? (the silver and pink one not the Gold N' Hot). I know this is a Sally's BSS brand and I'm wondering who we need to contact in order to see if they'll consider making it again if so many people love this product. I'm sitting under mine right now and I search for a supplier every time I'm online with no such luck. I know a lot of ladies love this rare find dryer- do you think we could have a prayer of a chance getting it back into circulation?

I have the one that is similar to the Belson it is the Ion one, looks like a silver space cap. I LOVE this dryer. I would be more than happy to sign a petition.

I have the one that is similar to the Belson it is the Ion one, looks like a silver space cap. I LOVE this dryer. I would be more than happy to sign a petition.

I'll work on one early next week and see if we can find the right contacts to get out message heard. I am too in love with this dryer bc I travel a lot and it's just too convenient for me to go back to hard bonnet dryers. Even though I want a Pibbs or some other professional hard bonnet at some point this dryer will always be my first love. :grin:

As I was deep conditioning last night sitting on my bed - I was thinking the same thing. It also dries my rollersets in 35 minutes. Pure perfection..... I don't know what I will do if this thing stops working.

Is that the dryer that was discontinued & is supposed to be at Big Lots in August/September? I'd sign.

I have the Sally's Ion version with the silver space cap and I love it as well, big lots you say lol. Let me know what to do OP

This is my first post since joining the forum in 2007. My sister, who is also a member, and I have been discussing the soft bonnet dryers. For the ladies in the DMV area, I purchased the Belson for $39.99 and a Lava Tech for $49.99 today at Beauty 4 U on Livingston Road in Oxon Hill, MD. They have one Belson left and maybe 12 of the Lavas on display. The store phone number is 301-567-0900. I don't know if they can ship. Thank you for all of your great reviews on these dryers!

This is my first post since joining the forum in 2007. My sister, who is also a member, and I have been discussing the soft bonnet dryers. For the ladies in the DMV area, I purchased the Belson for $39.99 and a Lava Tech for $49.99 today at Beauty 4 U on Livingston Road in Oxon Hill, MD. They have one Belson left and maybe 12 of the Lavas on display. The store phone number is 301-567-0900. I don't know if they can ship. Thank you for all of your great reviews on these dryers!

Thanks mycrowningglory07!!!! I have been looking for that Belson dryer for a long time and couldn't find it anywhere in the DMV area :grin:

Hi, Ladies. New to this site but not new to the good bonnet dryer hunt:wallbash:.

I've owned several Carel dryers and know they're crap for all the reasons previously listed.

I've also learned in my research that Helen of Troy damn near makes ALL bonnet dryers out there. Yes, that means Carel, Gold N' Hot/Belson, Hot Tools, Revlon, Vidal Sasson and more are all under the Helen of Troy parent company. Check it out:
http://www.hotus.com/
http://www.answers.com/topic/helen-of-troy-corporation
No wonder the Carel/Revlon/Vidal Sasson/Hot Tools bonnet dryers look the same - they are the same!

Anyway, I want a fast-drying dryer with high wattage and ionic technology BUT I also want something durable with a good design. I was leaning towards the Gold N' Hot dryers because, although none of them are 800 watts like the new Carel/Hot Tools/Vidal Sasson and Hot Tools dryers, they accommodate larger rollers, seem more durable, and have better designs for ease of use. While browsing the web I came upon this discussion of additional dryers I didn't know about.

Can anyone tell me more about this Belson pink and silver dryer? What's the full name and model number? Is it similar to the Gold N' Hot space hat one (GH2138)? I've seen the Gold N' Hot space hat and I'm skeptical of the small motor at the bottom. I'll look foolish as long as it works fast and lasts a long time. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Also, FYI: the Walmart dryer mentioned previously and shown in pictures is identical to the Gold N' Hot GH3984. Its readily available on the web including at Folica.com. The reasons I'm not considering it, although its ionic, are bad design as previously stated and it's a measly 300 watts! That's crappier than the crappy Carel (400 watts) which we all know stinks.

I've love to know the answers to Chocolatina questions too.

Chocolatina, welcome! First post! :welcome:

I just want to say that the Lava Tech one is the bomb!:grin: My dh got me one for my birthday this month and I've used it twice. It cut my drying time down to 45 minutes for my near BSL hair. And the tourmaline and ionic in the dryer makes my rollersets so soft and shiny. This used to be sold on ebay, but I couldn't find it today. My Big Lots still doesn't have the other dryer.:nono:

I just want to say that the Lava Tech one is the bomb!:grin: My dh got me one for my birthday this month and I've used it twice. It cut my drying time down to 45 minutes for my near BSL hair. And the tourmaline and ionic in the dryer makes my rollersets so soft and shiny. This used to be sold on ebay, but I couldn't find it today. My Big Lots still doesn't have the other dryer.:nono:

Thanks for the review, can you look up how many watts it is? I can't find a online retailer for it....

I haven't seen the wattage anywhere and it's not in the owner's manual. The hooded dryers by Lava Tech have 1400 and 1875 watts. And this one is very powerful because my rollerset dried in 45 minutes on the Low setting. I found it on sale online at blackhairspray.com.

I hear nothing but good things about the lava soft bonnet dryer, but I think it's discontinued, why do companies constantly discontinue products that people love why?

I'll be taking a trip to Oxon Hill this weekend!! :yep:

Hey, Ladies:

FYI. I called Belson (Helen of Troy) today and confirmed what we all feared...the Gold N' Hot (gold)/Belson (silver and pink) soft bonnet space hat dryer is in fact discontinued.
It turns out that the replacement model IS the Gold N' Hot GH3984 (same as the Lava Tech (also a Helen of Troy subsidiary) mentioned here.

For those of you that have used both, which would you say is better?

Back