Before you throw away all those products...

RayRayFurious

Ladies,

I have been reading a lot about spring cleaning and people getting rid of product that don't work for them. I'm all about minimizing what is used in our regimens and having a clean bathroom counter and cabinets, but before you throw away those items, perhaps think about ways that you could reduce, re-use, recycle.

Think about:
-Donating old products to a women's shelter, a group home, an orphanage
-Doing a product swap with a group of friends
-Selling your items or swapping them online
-Or reusing them as something else (one woman in another thread said she used her old shampoos as hand soap around her house)

You know what they say about one man's trash...So, what are some other ways that you can think of to re-use or recycle those old products? Are there any other donation ideas you have?

I used to shampoos and conditioners that didn't work for my hair as body wash and shaving cream. LOL I would also add conditioner and oil to make a moisture spray to refresh my hair.

I've come a long way (product usage - wise) since then.

these are great ideas OP.

i use the condish and shampoo that wasn't old and rancid on my legs for shaving. that works very well.

Also old shampoo is good for cleaning makeup brushes and your hair combs and brushes.

unfortunately most of my old stuff this go round was just UCK...i couldnt use it for anything.

- Old Clarifying shampoos i use to clean my tub out
- Conditioners i don't use, I shave with them.
- I use products i don't like on my weaves or wigs

everything else gets swapped or sold on messageboard

these are great ideas OP.

i use the condish and shampoo that wasn't old and rancid on my legs for shaving. that works very well.

Also old shampoo is good for cleaning makeup brushes and your hair combs and brushes.

unfortunately most of my old stuff this go round was just UCK...i couldnt use it for anything.
This is what I do and my makeup brushes have not suffered. I have MAC, Smashbox and NARS makeup brushes. Some are close to 10 yrs old with no sign of wear or tear.

Also, this thread is helpful, too. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=323365

I rarely use Shampoo.

The 'few' shampoo's I had/have in my Stash I use them to wash my Scarves, wig caps, du-rags and satin caps. Combs, Brushes etc..

If they don't work well on my hair, I just mix them with other hair products. They seem to work better that way.:spinning:

After I finish using them, I don't replace them. :nono:

Times are too hard to be throwing away money.:yep:

Back