Before a Relaxer

wish4length

How long before a relaxer do you stop shampooing your hair??
My next relaxer is scheduled for next week (july 18), so should I shampoo like I planned to today? I do burn easily:couchfire:

I usually shampoo 5 days before my relaxer. I also use the Aphogee two-step treatment to make my hair extra strong for the relaxer. If you burn easily, I have found the Affirm Sensitive Scalp relaxer to be VERY good (I burn easily and I never burn with this one). HTH

I usually shampoo 5 days before my relaxer. I also use the Aphogee two-step treatment to make my hair extra strong for the relaxer. If you burn easily, I have found the Affirm Sensitive Scalp relaxer to be VERY good (I burn easily and I never burn with this one). HTH

Thank you. I do use Affirm, but I'll ask if this new guy has sensitive scalp...
Now let me see where I put that Aphogee......

Yeah, I usually wash and do a protein treatment 5-7 days before my relaxer. Some people wash up to the day before.

You should be fine washing today.

Yeah, I usually stop 5-7 days prior. And try to use as little to low/no manipulation as possible leading up to the day. So In the Couple of weeks leading up to:

One Week I'll Clarify, The Next week I'll do a Protein Treatment, The Next Week Relax.:yep:

I waited 7 days this time AND used Affirm Sensitive Scalp.

Throughout the week, I greased my scalp heavily and lubricated hair w/ coconut oil.

On relaxer day, i slathered my hair with more oil and Chi Silk. Protect that scalp and your hair.

I waited 7 days this time AND used Affirm Sensitive Scalp.

Throughout the week, I greased my scalp heavily and lubricated hair w/ coconut oil.

On relaxer day, i slathered my hair with more oil and Chi Silk. Protect that scalp and your hair

but you avoided the ng right?

Back