beeswax

chebaby

did i spell that right? anyway whats the news on this? is it natural?
i know many ladies on here dont like carols daughter but i love certain products by her but i noticed they have beezwax(just tryna see if the s or z looks better lol) in them. i love the hair balm, healthy hair butter and hair milk and they all have beezwax in it.
also is it ok to use beezwax in a daily moisturizer or will it clog the hair/scalp like mineal oil?

I think it depends on the person. I still would use CD hair balm in the winter, if I had some. I stopped using Lenzi's Request because of the beeswax in the unpetroleum clogging my scalp pores.

I think it's a substitute for petrolatum. I believe it is natural but I think it gets a thumbs down for clogging pores. I could be wrong though, haven't used it.

Beeswax is produced by the (female) worker honeybees. The wax is secreted from wax glands on the underside of the bee's abdomen and is molded into six-sided cells which are filled with honey, then capped with more wax. When honey is harvested, the top layer of wax that covers the cells, or the cappings, must be removed from each hexagon-shaped cell. Just to put it into perspective, one pound of wax requires the bees to consume about ten pounds of honey! Beeswax works well in cosmetic products because of the “wax esthers” that exist in both beeswax and human skin and it is these compounds which help to bind and emulsify ointments, lipsticks and lotions. As a natural hydrating ingredient that increases essential moisture in skin, it is commonly found in hand and body creams that help retain natural skin moisture and in the relief of itching from sensitive skin. Beeswax has an irritation potential of zero, and a comedogenicity rating of 0 - 2, which means that when formulated and used correctly in cosmetic formulations, beeswax will not cause a problem or clog the pores, but brings a host of very positive attributes, such as general healing and softening, as an antiseptic, and an emollient to cosmetic products. In foaming cosmetics such as skin and body detergents, beeswax improves skin compatibility and reduces the aggressive properties of surfactants, while in shampoos and hair conditioners it improves the condition and the manageability of the hair. Even after processing, it still remains a biologically active product, retaining some anti-bacterial properties and also contains some vitamin A, which is necessary for normal cell development. In folk medicine beeswax was used as an antceptic for wound healing and beeswax ear candles were used for ear wax removal. They are believed to be able to heal ear infection and improve hearing by removing the wax inside the ear.

This is from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/beeswax.html

I was wondering the same thing because Hairveda's Almond Glaze (which I love) also has beeswax in it. But it looks like it is a good ingredient.

Back