Beer on hair as a leave in?

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Has anyone tried this? What are the benefits one would get from ingredients in beer on hair? I read this on aol web md.

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/article/85/98463.htm?DEST=WebMDcontentSRC=aolmain

"Beauty Tips for Hair From the Kitchen"

After cruising the aisles of the drugstore, don't forget the kitchen. It is a beauty counter unto itself.

For more beautiful hair:

Olive oil. Irons prefers this to the often-recommended mayonnaise for conditioning hair. Heat some extra virgin olive oil in the microwave for 10 seconds and apply to DRY hair. Leave it on for about 10 minutes, then shampoo (forgetting that last step will leave you lank and smelling like a salad).

Flat beer. Be sure to use beer that has lost its zing, or else heat fresh beer and allow it to cool. Wash your hair, pour it on, and comb. "I guarantee it will not smell after it dries," Irons says.

Baby food. Brace yourself -- strained liver! Wash hair and apply a tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with 2 ounces of strained liver. Wrap your head in a towel or wrap with plastic and sit under a warm dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly (liver+hair=obvious).

Vinegar. This is a marvelous rinse, according to Baker. Cider vinegar is good for brunettes, white vinegar for blondes. Four tablespoons in three glasses of warm water. Then use lots of cool water to remove the salady smell.

Lemons are a blonde's best friend! The juice of two lemons in two glasses of lukewarm water should do it. If your hair does not tend to be dry, you can skip the rinse and let the sun add some highlights.

Oh my! Strained liver baby food? I don't know if I have the courage (or the stomach), but who knows, maybe in a moment of desperation. Never say never.

[ QUOTE ]
saddity1 said:
Has anyone tried this? What are the benefits one would get from ingredients in beer on hair? I read this on aol web md.

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/content/article/85/98463.htm?DEST=WebMDcontentSRC=aolmain

"Beauty Tips for Hair From the Kitchen"

After cruising the aisles of the drugstore, don't forget the kitchen. It is a beauty counter unto itself.

For more beautiful hair:

Olive oil. Irons prefers this to the often-recommended mayonnaise for conditioning hair. Heat some extra virgin olive oil in the microwave for 10 seconds and apply to DRY hair. Leave it on for about 10 minutes, then shampoo (forgetting that last step will leave you lank and smelling like a salad).

Flat beer. Be sure to use beer that has lost its zing, or else heat fresh beer and allow it to cool. Wash your hair, pour it on, and comb. "I guarantee it will not smell after it dries," Irons says.

Baby food. Brace yourself -- strained liver! Wash hair and apply a tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with 2 ounces of strained liver. Wrap your head in a towel or wrap with plastic and sit under a warm dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly (liver+hair=obvious).

Vinegar. This is a marvelous rinse, according to Baker. Cider vinegar is good for brunettes, white vinegar for blondes. Four tablespoons in three glasses of warm water. Then use lots of cool water to remove the salady smell.

Lemons are a blonde's best friend! The juice of two lemons in two glasses of lukewarm water should do it. If your hair does not tend to be dry, you can skip the rinse and let the sun add some highlights.

[/ QUOTE ]I used to use a beer rinse on my hair weekly, sometimes with an egg beaten in. Beer is used to give the hair body, it also strengthens it. I would leave mine on for a while and then rinse. I always followed with a moisturized conditioner becauseit made my hair feel hard.

[ QUOTE ]
weaveitup said:
ive heard of it, but i personally wouldnt be to fond of smelling like a lush, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I know right?
laugh.gif
Interesting though...Wonder if anyone here has ever tried it...?

Back