Beef liver pills vs Iron pills to increase ferritin levels = optimal hair health ??

yodie

My goal is to increase my ferritin level to 70. Last test showed that my ferritin level was at 42. Doc said it was good, but I don't believe it's optimal.

I have iron pills and beef liver pills. Has anyone tried both and determined that one was better at raising ferritin levels than the other?

I have Hemaplex Iron pills. It has 85mg of iron, is non-constipating and includes Vitamin C.

I also have Swanson's beef liver pills. I know this is rich in iron, or so I've read, but the bottle doesn't state how much iron is in it. This is a little more constipating and turns my stool dark.

Any experience?

Re: Beef liver pills vs Iron pills to increase ferritin levels = optimal hair health

Someone? Anyone?

Re: Beef liver pills vs Iron pills to increase ferritin levels = optimal hair health

Someone? Anyone?

Perhaps you could take a straightforward iron pill, a b vitamin mix to help you absorb the iron and some calcium to help you absorb the b vitamins. That may provide just the right environment to encourage hair growth.

Back