Beauty shop update..what i dont like about it..check out the pics

tammiematthews

Okay, I finally caved in and got my touch up at 11 weeks. okay.. i like the length..but it had to be cut because i was performing my bun method incorrectly(that's another thread) which caused a little bit of breakage on my ends. My hair is super duper straight, which i dont really like right now. I like having thickness, but I hope this can be remedied in another week and a wash. I really liked the idea of stretching and I think this is the longest I have stretched. I plan on stretching until December next time.
Here's the link to my pics:
http://public.fotki.com/tammiematthews/

( i hope this link works)
Also, my stylist asked me what I was using on my hair, because it felt so good. I told her that I used Mane N Tail (the creamy conditioner), she said that I shouldnt use it because it coats the hair. I like it, but i made me wonder, why do I keep getting this same advice about MNT?
Any suggestions?

:confused: Why would she say it felt so good, what have you been using then after you'r response, MNT, she says don't use it b'cause it coats the hair, Do you think she's trying to savatage your good regimen to keep you running to her more often? Cause stylist can tell you anything, Nevertheless just clarify once or twice a month that should keep the coating down.
tammiematthews said:
Okay, I finally caved in and got my touch up at 11 weeks. okay.. i like the length..but it had to be cut because i was performing my bun method incorrectly(that's another thread) which caused a little bit of breakage on my ends. My hair is super duper straight, which i dont really like right now. I like having thickness, but I hope this can be remedied in another week and a wash. I really liked the idea of stretching and I think this is the longest I have stretched. I plan on stretching until December next time.
Here's the link to my pics:
http://public.fotki.com/tammiematthews/

( i hope this link works)
Also, my stylist asked me what I was using on my hair, because it felt so good. I told her that I used Mane N Tail (the creamy conditioner), she said that I shouldnt use it because it coats the hair. I like it, but i made me wonder, why do I keep getting this same advice about MNT?
Any suggestions?

Looking good, girl!

I am wondering how you were doing your buns wrong. I always worry that I'm doing mine wrong also. I think I'm gonna stop doing buns and do braids.

Thanks ladies. I think she said that because of the coating to the hair, but I agree that if I clarify it'll be okay. But usually I used the MNT as a leave in. But anyhoo. I use my own hair for my buns. I made my own "doughnut", slap my hair into a pony and them comb my hair over the bun. I put an elastic band over the hair that is sticking out, to lay it into the bun style,then I wrap the remaining hair around the bun, but I think I may damaging my ends, by not smoothing them down correctly? I may have to practice more on this. I'll be starting a new regimine until my next touch up. My next goal is to retain the length that I have, by better protecting my ends. Gain more length (as always) and have thicker hair. I may stretch until january..who knows. I noticed that the longer I stretch, the longer I want to stretch.

Back