Beauty School Graduate!

balisi

Hi Ladies!

I would just like to share my excitement about my recent graduation from cosmetology school! Yes, two long, grueling years of attending school part-time in the evenings is finally, thankfully behind me. :woot: I can now get my life back for myself, family and friends, without whose support the goal would have been doubly difficult. None of it would have been possible without the grace of God.

I will obtain my Master of Cosmetology license upon successful completion of the state board exam, which takes place in two parts, over the course of eight hours.

One of my missions is to bring newfound honor and respect to and for the cosmetology field. With my God-given gift, my number one objective as a stylist is, always has been, and always will be, healthy hair. On my honor I, balisi, will cut no strand before its time. :naughty:

Last edited:
One of my missions is to bring newfound honor and respect to and for the cosmetology field. With my God-given gift, my number one objective as a stylist is, always has been, and always will be, healthy hair. On my honor I, balisi, will cut no strand before its time. :naughty:

Congrats!! I wish you much success!!

Congratulations Balisi!! So what are your professional plans? Will you work in a shop or open your own salon? Will you begin immediately or do you have a day job to transition from?

I'm excited for you. I fantasize about leaving the classroom and doing hair all day. I made 120 bucks from two customers on Monday (holiday). And I'd say 95% of it I enjoy enough to do for free. I could spend my weekdays washing hair, grooming locs, doing two strand twists, deep treatments, etc. I've thought about getting a license and then combining my own hands on knowledge/experience.

All the best,
P1

patient1 said:
Congratulations Balisi!! So what are your professional plans? Will you work in a shop or open your own salon? Will you begin immediately or do you have a day job to transition from?

I'm excited for you. I fantasize about leaving the classroom and doing hair all day. I made 120 bucks from two customers on Monday (holiday). And I'd say 95% of it I enjoy enough to do for free. I could spend my weekdays washing hair, grooming locs, doing two strand twists, deep treatments, etc. I've thought about getting a license and then combining my own hands on knowledge/experience.

All the best,
P1
Thanks to all you ladies!

Patient1, prior to enrolling in school, I felt the exact same way. It was never about the money, I just loved doing hair and was always good at it. I think that's a good indication that it's what you're meant to do.

I do need to transition from my day job. My plans are to work as a salon stylist for a few years and transition to another opportunity in my field. 3-5 years' industry experience is the norm in order to obtain work as a celebrity stylist or some other goal. As much as I love to make people beautiful, I don't believe I want to be behind the chair all my career. There are unlimited cosmetology opportunities and I may pursue a few of them before I'm through! My ultimate goal is to travel the world practicing my craft on all manner of textures, lengths, etc.

At first it was all about hair for me, but I have since come to realize that I have skills for makeup artistry as well, so I plan to enjoy that too. In the meantime, I'll be a traveling stylist in my spare time. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do. Let me know if I may help in any way.

wow girl! proud is an understatement!:kiss: Good luck out there! Lots of heads need savin':grin: Great to see a young stylist all about healthy hair first! *whips out calendar* Sooooo, now when's your next trip to Houston.:lol:

Girl you know I'm excited!!! I just thought about you last night and was wondering if your studies were completed yet! Congratulations and you know I'm coming to see you! So, when can I get my hair did!! :grin:

I can vouch that Balisi is definitely not a scissor happy stylist. I went to Balisi for a wash and set a couple of weeks ago. I told her I think my ends may need to be dusted and she can do that if she wanted too. After my hair was dry she told me, "Girl your ends are fine". :) Gotta love that!

Do your thing girl!!! The world is waiting for stylists like you!:)

I sent you a PM earlier in the week, did you get it?

Last edited:
Congratulations! That is fabulous! I have a special place in my heart for Cosmotologists as my Granny was one. Best wishes to you in your future!

Congrats!! Whatta big accomplishment! :party: :dance7: :clap:

balisi said:
Hi Ladies!

I would just like to share my excitement about my recent graduation from cosmetology school! Yes, two long, grueling years of attending school part-time in the evenings is finally, thankfully behind me. :woot: I can now get my life back for myself, family and friends, without whose support the goal would have been doubly difficult. None of it would have been possible without the grace of God.

I will obtain my Master of Cosmetology license upon successful completion of the state board exam, which takes place in two parts, over the course of eight hours.

Thank you ladies soooooooo much for the well wishes and encouragement. I truly appreciate it. It actually feels like you threw me an LHCF party to celebrate! :lol:

Back