Beauty School Dropout-- How did you earn that "F"

jainygirl

Beauty School Dropout-- How did you earn that \"F\"

I earned my "F" by using Isoplus Foam Wrap Lotion for about 3 years slowly breaking off all my hair. you would have thought i would have stopped....but that hard *** wrap lotion had it's grip on me
laugh.gif
what about you ladies....where have you really failed yourself with hair care or habits in the past???

Re: Beauty School Dropout-- How did you earn that \"F\"

Not rinsing my hair after working out, made it dry and break off

Years of combing conditioner thru my hair with a rattail comb and ripping my hair out. I thought the conditioner wasn't getting on all of my hair when I used a wide tooth comb....silly me.

I used any shampoo that appealed to my nose. All shampoos are the same right?
hammer.gif

Other big mistakes were believing ad copy and not reading labels.

[ QUOTE ]
ThickNBeautiful said:
Glueing weaves in my hair (when I already HAD hair
confused.gif
).

[/ QUOTE ]
Made my hair thin out terribly.
ohwell.gif

Re: Beauty School Dropout-- How did you earn that

<font color="blue">Using the curling iron EVERDAY - wanting to know why my curling iron was all matted with gel &amp; the ends of my hair
look.gif
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
<font color="blue">Using the curling iron EVERDAY - wanting to know why my curling iron was all matted with gel &amp; the ends of my hair
look.gif
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
That's how I ended up with less than 1" of hair in 7th grade. I thought I was grown with my Gold N Hot iron (probably on the highest setting) and some spritz. That iron was BLACK by the end of the school year.

That reminds me of the time I was in 6th grade. I use to use the curling iron, almost everyday to make shirley temple curls (spirals) in the front. I'd spritz my hair with Pump It Up and then put the curlers to it. The next day, I'd repeat the process, by combing out the curls (w/ spritz in them and all), spritz again, and curl. My hair broke off so bad and I am still recovering from it 7 years later.

Where do I began.

Doing my own relaxer
Putting color in my hair after doing my relaxers
Using curling irons every day
Just not taking care of my hair

Allowing bleach-blonde thick highlights put in my relaxed hair.

however, I earn my own F everytime I stop doing something that works, and start doing something else (because of hype and raves on the board), and end up suffering for it.

[ QUOTE ]
ThickNBeautiful said:
[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
look.gif
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
That's how I ended up with less than 1" of hair in 7th grade. I thought I was grown with my Gold N Hot iron (probably on the highest setting) and some spritz. That iron was BLACK by the end of the school year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me too! I used to use my Gold N Hot curling iron and hot comb, all of the time!
shocked.gif

But that's all behind me now... I like to think I'm earning my A's since coming to LHCF!

Blowdrying on high with a rattail comb and then using my Gold N Hot to flat iron on the highest setting.
I used to get away wwith this when I was in high school in Trinidad.It broke my hair off bad my first Canadian winter..and second
look.gif

My third winter is almost over and my hair is going great thanks to this board!!

*Brushing my hair with a hard nylon bristle brush while my hair was wet
*Getting relaxers too often and too straight
*Not using enough anti-heat methods
*TRYING out new stylists

using a brush, not using conditioner @ all and thinking i had a decent head of hair because i could comb through it with a rattail comb... it ended up all on the floor.

gettin hawain silky super b/c i thought it would make it silky just made it tore up! (my sister used it, i was young, glad i know about hair types)

rattail combs period are NOT for my hair

microbraids
frown.gif
, lost wayyyy to much length and money. my hair curled up out of the braids and i had to take them out after2 months

I earned my F by blow drying on the highest setting and curling with a curling iron, also on the highest setting, right after. That's not all, I didn't use a moisturizer or protectant because I wanted my hair to swing and not get weighed down. Luckily enough I didn't go bald but I was getting close.

I earned my F by getting highlights over color-treated, relaxed hair, and also using the blow-dryer and curling iron faithfully, on top of all those chemicals!!
nono.gif
I ended up having to cut my shoulder length hair off into an ear length bob.
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
look.gif
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto.
ohwell.gif
i never really learned how to take care of relaxed hair when i had it.
frown.gif

Trying to hold onto trifling ends. I could've saved myself a lot of hair.

Getting my braids done too small - the amount of hair I've lost as a result of that is ridiculous.

At 18 or 19 I bought a flat iron with wide plates. I burned a lock of the hair at my crown to about an inch long. The rest was past shoulder length. It was back to the latch hook braids...

I'm STILL earning low marks in the battle
swordfight.gif
to manage new growth while spacing out relaxer touchups. Let's hope this combination of Breakthru shampoo and Elucence MB conditioner will help me win.

I earned my F back in the days when I was so lazy that I would let about 10 days go by before washing my hair.

Now, keep in mind that I noticed that my hair started breaking off at about 7 days. I even thought to myself, "Wow, I'd lose less hair if I washed more often." But did that make wash more frequently? Oh, no. It was too much "work."

Now that I wash my hair every 5 days, I see that it's not work at all, and my hair is thriving!!

Oh, another F was earned when I would wash my hair and not comb it and just put it in a nappy ponytail and go to sleep. Again, I was too tired.

The next day it would take me hours to comb through the matted hair, and I'd end up with a gigantic hair ball. Boy, the dumb things we do to our hair
frown.gif

Hi Nay
wave.gif
i also resemble your avatar 12 weeks into my touchup
rofl.gif
LHCF members have such Eeeenteresssting lives
lachen70.gif

The same with me gluing weaves in my head. discontinued but my hair is still thin. Help!!!

I have done almost every dumb thing in the book to my hair but I got my "F" because I was too intimidated to say anything to my now ex-stylist after she left me sitting (head tilted back over the sink) for about 10 minutes with relaxer on my head (mind you this was after the smoothing process) I knew there was a chance my hair would be over processed but I said nothing because I have been going to her for a while and I figured she knew what she was doing now thanks to LHCF I know better) Well, my hair is overprocessed and I am dealing with the fall-out.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Falon said:
I have done almost every dumb thing in the book to my hair but I got my "F" because I was too intimidated to say anything to my now ex-stylist after she left me sitting (head tilted back over the sink) for about 10 minutes with relaxer on my head (mind you this was after the smoothing process) I knew there was a chance my hair would be over processed but I said nothing because I have been going to her for a while and I figured she knew what she was doing now thanks to LHCF I know better) Well, my hair is overprocessed and I am dealing with the fall-out.
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hi falon
wave.gif
awwwee now she was just wrong for that
nono.gif
welcome to LHCF and dont worry, we'll help you get your hair back in shape in no time
smile.gif

Back