Beautiful Textured Rollerset!

Two hours under the dryer at high heat! :eek:

Gorgeous set though!

I am thinking it is because of the density of her hair because 2 hours is a long time...I do have a Pibbs though - so maybe my estimation is off.

Oh! I've seen something similar on instagram from a stylist in Atlanta. She calls them tension rollers.

These rollers are good too - I have a set.

The ones in the OP are a soft mesh though. She says she uses them on natural hair because they allow the hart stretch (expand).

I remember these types of old school rollers and the plastic pins to hold them in place. My mom used to have them, but she had pink plastic pins. The rollers were harder than these, but they essentially look the same otherwise.

I guess they are making a comeback!
Oh! I've seen something similar on instagram from a stylist in Atlanta. She calls them tension rollers.

That seems like a lot of heat! I would have loved to see the style without the flat ironing. It looked pretty, though.

It's been years since I've done a roller set on my natural hair. I thought about doing it again a few weeks ago. Maybe I should give it another try.

I've also been looking for some new hairstyles for my hair on YouTube. These types of videos are inspiring.

Last edited:
I really like the outcomes, both women very have pretty hair.

I’m not a fan of putting the pins through the hair. I always make sure my pins are attached to the edge of the roller, where there isn’t any hair.

Where can I find the long pins, like the ones in the video posted by @Shavonn?

Last edited:
I really like the outcomes, both women very have pretty hair.

I don’t understand the concept of putting the pins through the hair. I always make sure my pins are attached to the edge of the roller, where there isn’t any hair.

Where can I find the long pins, like the ones in the video posted by @Shavonn?
Sally’s... I just reupped yesterday. They are plastic coated metal pins.

Ah! These are ole school rollers. The brand Diane used to make sturdy coiled ones. Now they are kinda flimsy but they do the job. You can get a really taught set.

I've noticed watching the stylists.. they use a LOT of foam on one section. Maybe that's something I'm missing.

I think she's using all that styling foam to each section mostly for added slip. It's probably helping her to smooth all the hair strands so that they'll lay neatly onto the roller. I didn't need that much with my relaxed hair, but I could see the need for it now that I've got lots of natural curls to smooth out and keep taut on the roller.

That makes sense. My 4c natural hair needs a lot of helping smoothing ok the roller. My bone straight relaxed hair was super easy to rollerset with minimal product.

I think she's using all that styling foam to each section mostly for added slip. It's probably helping her to smooth all the hair strands so that they'll lay neatly onto the roller. I didn't need that much with my relaxed hair, but I could see the need for it now that I've got lots of natural curls to smooth out and keep taut on the roller.

Back