Beantree

Nita81

I have some Blended Beauty products....in these products is the ingredient beantree. Beantree is supposed to be an alternative to cones. Does anyone know where to purchase beantree or have any additional information about it? Thanks in advance.

I have heard of beantree before (it is supposed to smooth like a 'cone and be water soluble and natural) but my research has turned up little to nothing as far as how to buy it as a raw ingredient. I know that both Blended Beauty and Curls now use it in their formulations. I hope someone can shed some light on this stuff...

I been looking fro more info on beantree and its pros and cons. Does anyone know where it originates from and what exactly it does?

Okay.

Beantree is the trade name for the chemical Capryl Isosterate. The only information I was able to find on Capryl Isosterate seems to be the original patent application - which indicates that it's made from two other chemicals, capryl alcohol and isostearic acid.
Capryl Alcohol is another name for Octanol/Octyl Alcohol, which is an restricted alcohol.
Isostearic Acid is a clear, oily liquid that is used in a wide variety of cosmetics and personal care products.

So. It's not natural, and it doesn't seem to be available for hobbyist/crafter purchase yet. It looks like a company called Alzo is the main manufacturer - and there are some US distributors, but I'm thinking you have to be a pretty big company to get your hands on it.

That was a fun search. :lol:

Okay.

Beantree is the trade name for the chemical Capryl Isosterate. The only information I was able to find on Capryl Isosterate seems to be the original patent application - which indicates that it's made from two other chemicals, capryl alcohol and isostearic acid.
Capryl Alcohol is another name for Octanol/Octyl Alcohol, which is an restricted alcohol.
Isostearic Acid is a clear, oily liquid that is used in a wide variety of cosmetics and personal care products.

So. It's not natural, and it doesn't seem to be available for hobbyist/crafter purchase yet. It looks like a company called Alzo is the main manufacturer - and there are some US distributors, but I'm thinking you have to be a pretty big company to get your hands on it.

That was a fun search. :lol:
thanks so much for finding some info on this, i been wanting to know more about it :bighug:

thanks so much for finding some info on this, i been wanting to know more about it :bighug:
No problem - it was - interesting looking it up. Elizabeth Arden seems to use it in some of their skin products, but BB seems to be the only ones using it in hair products, thus far.

Back