BC Results

mizbtown2

I BIG chopped Sat., June 18 at exactly six weeks post. Since joining LHCF I had toyed with the idea of going natural off and on. My seven year-old (in August) daughter has beautiful hair that reaches her butt when stretched, twisted, straightened, etc. I wanted that too! I don't remember my natural hair and know for sure I had a relaxer in first grade.

My supportive husband actually did the chop for me. I have no remorse and have received lots of compliments. My hair had grown to about 1/2 in but I had my husband cut it down again. Since I was only six weeks post, I wasn't sure if some of the straight hairs were natural or not. It's happy, healthy growing from here!

Oh yeah. I've been daily cowashing as I don't know how to revive the "curls."

I've used Suave Naturals Strawberries, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, Joico Moisture, and Herbal Essence none of your frizziness, and VO5 moisture milks passion fruit smoothie for co-washes.

For leave ins I've tried some of the above, S-Curl, and Aussie hair insurance.

LOVING Shea Moisture Smoothie. Smells delish!:lick:

The items in red are recent purchases bought specifically for this new natural. All else I've used on at least one of the kids' head.

Pictures of relaxed hair were taken this past May.

Attachments

• IMAG0195[1].jpg
    IMAG0195[1].jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0231[1].jpg
    IMAG0231[1].jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0345[1].jpg
    IMAG0345[1].jpg
    482.7 KB · Views: 117
Congrats! Your coils are too cute! Nice to have a supportive hubby...and you are starting this journey on a clean slate. You can do all things right by your hair now and it will thank you in due time. ;)

Congrats on your BC! So happy for you that your supportive husband was the one to do the cutting :)

Thanks all! I'm cheezing! LOL. I feel so confident and free. I don't know if there will be any awkward in-between stages, but I am really enjoying the moment.

Back