BBD Stretch Creme

yo523jo68

Hello ladies,
Has anyone ever used this for a roller set? If so how did you use it and what were your results? I would like to use it tonight.
TIA, Yo

DangerouslyShy said:
where did you ladies get it from I have been searching for it!!! And have had no results...:(

I first purchased mine from someone on ebay, but you can hardley find it there... my second purchase came from Irby's beauty Supply before they had to increase the prices :-(

I've used it for blow drying and wash and go's using a diffuser.

I've used it for a roller set while relaxed before but you dont want to use a lot and you will still want to add some type of setting lotion for hold. I used probably a nickle to quarter sized amount and just distributed it throughout my hair. :)

What exactly does this stuff do that's so great for $45 and up a pop? I just don't get it. What is the main idea behind it? Does it stretch the new growth or something? Does it make the hair super shiny/strong? Please explain.

yo523jo68 said:
Hello ladies,
Has anyone ever used this for a roller set? If so how did you use it and what were your results? I would like to use it tonight.
TIA, Yo
I used it for my past 2 rollersets and my results wer no different than when I used other products. I mixed a little of it with my serum. I love the results though and I have fewer hairs coming out or breaking off. I used maybe a nickel size amount and add serum then rub that amount into one half of my hair. Then repeat for the other side.

Its stops breakage COMPLETELY and it leaves your hair silky.... I have been using it for over 2 months and have not seen not ONE broken strand, and I haven't began to use half of the jar. I didn't pay $45 but I certainly will when I run outta this stuff!!

Thanks for the response ladies. I did use it last night with a little castor oil and a little nexxus humect. I rubbed throughout my hair and that was all I put in it. I sat under that very hot pibbs 514. I don't know if the heat had anything to do with it but, it came out wonderful! I called Irby's and ordered it over the phone. I am wondering if I should also order the lactate fast that they said can be used with it? Any one tried it? If so what were your results? My hair came out really soft and nice without it. I heard you can just about mix anything with it. I think it was worth the 45.
My Best, Yo

I love this product it works great and I was able to extend my relaxer to 16 weeks with little to no breakage.
I blowdry it into my hair and follow up with the BBD Keala Oil and my hair feels extra silky.
I have not use it for a rollerset yet just flat iron.
I was trying to order the lactate fast and was told it was discontinued.

where can you order it from? I tried searching every engine...lol

Nevermind i just bought it from irbys or something like that

Last edited:
My BBD Stretch Creme came in the mail today. YEAH!!!!!!! just in time for tomorrow's wash day. I have a question when it says the part about relaxed and to saturate it and go under a dryer for 30 mins...[I know this is a stupid questions] but is this after you have washed your hair??

My daughter is going to get her hair done tomorrow and I want to send some with her, but I was wondering would she use it after the wash and then the dryer, rinse and then style?

lbellin said:
My BBD Stretch Creme came in the mail today. YEAH!!!!!!! just in time for tomorrow's wash day. I have a question when it says the part about relaxed and to saturate it and go under a dryer for 30 mins...[I know this is a stupid questions] but is this after you have washed your hair??

I take it to mean after you have washed your hair. This stuff cost too much so I wont be using it like that. I will only use it for rollersets. Check out what I did in this post earlier (My hair came out wonderful) and also what others said that they did when using it, but what ever works for you is what you should do.

My daughter is going to get her hair done tomorrow and I want to send some with her, but I was wondering would she use it after the wash and then the dryer, rinse and then style?

Ask you stylist to but it in after the wash and conditioner like you would do a leave in. It really is some good stuff. I plan to incorporate it in my regime every time I wash. hth
My Best, Yo

I was wondering how you guys ordered from Irby's, I have gone to their webpage and do not see the BBD Stretch.

You have to call them to order. The other merchants complained about their prices so they took it offline and upped the price to the suggested retail.

Last edited by a moderator:
lbellin said:

Yes, its after you wash your hair. I normally dont use it as a rinse out condtioner because its so expensive. I use just enough in to distribute throughout my hair, like a light moisturizer. Normally no more than a quarter size depending on the length and thickness of your hair. When I was relaxed I also used a little when I wrapped my hair at night. You dont need a lot. It can cause build up also so you may need to clairfy more often.

I just bought this friday and I am already lovin' this product. I washed and used it as a deep conditioner (left it in for a couple of hours) and then as a leave in with Kemi Oyl. I then let my hair airdry for a couple of hours, used a blow dryer and then flat ironed. My hair was so soft and silky just using the BBD Stretch and Kemi Oyl. I cannot wait to see the results from prolonged use.

I just received mine yesterday. I wont be using it for a few weeks, I have a sew-in. but than again I might take this weave out and give it a try.

EbonyF said:

Thanks, now I know the webpage. Also, I sent them an email asking about the BBD Stretch. Finally... I just broke down and went, on Friday, to Jasmine's Beauty Supply (I live in Columbus and found out in another thread that this BSS sold the product) and paid $45 w/o shipping (just tax).

I always knew that I was a PJ but now it is for sure, I just found shop that sells MTG for $12.95 (32 oz.), and will get it next week. I was going to get it this weekend but I had to remind myself that I just paid a grip for the BBD Stretch.

LiqueXX said:
I always knew that I was a PJ but now it is for sure, I just found shop that sells MTG for $12.95 (32 oz.), and will get it next week. I was going to get it this weekend but I had to remind myself that I just paid a grip for the BBD Stretch.

the place where you found the MTG..for $12.95 is it online or where you live? If online can you perrty please give me the web address?:D

Actually Ive found MTG for $9.89 at: http://www.arcaros.com/cgi-bin/dcsh...=7882&category=9&maincat=Grooming Accessories. I bought my trial size from the Shapelys website but this site sells it for cheaper.

I am officially a PJ now because Ive bought so many things and adding more to my list everyday I come on here. Next up: NTM and BBD Stretch Creme along with the oils.

For those that use MTG..let me just say that it is tha bomb!! In 11 days I have had 1/4in to 1/2 inch ofnew growth in cornrows. Ill post in another thread about my recipe.

Lucky me, I get to buy mine from my stylist. $45 no tax or shipping. Sure, it's a lot, but well worth it. And since she uses it on everybody's hair, I only use mine at home, and don't have to take any with me to the salon.

ROZELIDA_80 said:
How long will this $45 dollar jar last? How often is it used (only when washing, or styling, or everyday?)

Thanks

I'm guessing 4 or 5 monthes based on how much I've used so far. I use it pretty much every day.

Back