Bath and Body Works Kinky Hair Products

tmhuggiebear

I was browsing gift sets for my mom's birthday and on the bath and body works website and came across this hair gift set for kinky hair. It's called hair rules. They also have a set for curly, wavy, and straight hair. It seems pretty interesting. I was just wondering if anyone heard of this line before or used it. The link is below.

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3964271&cp=2484530.4058895

BTW: I apologize in advance if it turns out this product is all the rage on the boards already and it turns out that I'm slow to the punch as usual.

Description from the website:

Hair Rules Kinky Hair Kit
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif
This travel kit includes 2 oz. versions of Daily Cleansing Cream Moisturizing No Suds Shampoo and Aloe Grapefruit Purifying Shampoo, Quench Ultra Rich Conditioner, and two bottles of Kinky Curling Cream to deliver ultimate hydration, conditioning and softening to the truest classifications of kinky hair. These miracle products stretch and define tightly wound tresses, eliminate shrinkage and banish frizz - transforming spongy kinks into luscious, spirited spirals.

• Recommended forkinky hair, twists, locks, braids, coiling, and texturizers
  • Quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag and 2 oz. travel size products are TSA compliant for carry-on luggage

It looks interesting, thanks. The model looks like she has 4a hair or some mix to me but it might be hard to tell with the lighting.

Her hair looked 4a to me...but I'm not a hair typing expert...anywho it looks interesting...I would like to try their cleanser if its not stripping

Hair rules is a hair care line developed by dickey(that's his last name ). They wee selling online exclusively for a while. I may be more inclined to try it out since I can get it on the ground.

oh dang they got us. :nono: soon even everyone will have "black/natural/kinky" hair products.

edit: $20 for a cleansing shampoo? has anyone tried this? it might be a little too steep for it not to work or work like other products on the market

Last edited:
oh dang they got us. :nono: soon even everyone will have "black/natural/kinky" hair products.

:look: What's the problem with that? s long as we still use our common sense and vet the products before we jump on a bandwagon bout them - I don't see how having more options is a negative thing.

Yea this product isnt new! It has been discussed here....but its interesting the Bath and Body Works has it

Im more likely to buy products from stores than online...I like to see touch and smell my merchandise before buying

Oh wow I didn't know Hair Rules was available at Bath & Body Works. That brand has been around for about 2 years I believe. I first saw it on naturallycurly.com's website and its from Anthony Dickey, the stylist that wrote Hair Rules. Some people don't like these products because its pricey and some of the products have mineral oil. I can't say anything negative because I've never tried them.

I didn't know you had already typed this lol I gotta read more but yea cosigning

Oh wow I didn't know Hair Rules was available at Bath & Body Works. That brand has been around for about 2 years I believe. I first saw it on naturallycurly.com's website and its from Anthony Dickey, the stylist that wrote Hair Rules. Some people don't like these products because its pricey and some of the products have mineral oil. I can't say anything negative because I've never tried them.

Yea this product isnt new! It has been discussed here....but its interesting the Bath and Body Works has it

Im more likely to buy products from stores than online...I like to see touch and smell my merchandise before buying
Yeah this line has been out a while but i didn't know B&BW sold it.

I didn't know you had already typed this lol I gotta read more but yea cosigning

The shipping for these products was insane on the hairrules.com website. At least now you can buy it locally and take it back (I think) if you don't like it. I would try it, but my hair only likes cheap gels :grin:

:look: What's the problem with that? s long as we still use our common sense and vet the products before we jump on a bandwagon bout them - I don't see how having more options is a negative thing.

I don't see anything wrong with having option, just as long as the option are a reasonable price and work properly. Many of the reviews that I read weren't too kind especially for what it says it should do and the price. I feel like sometimes black women are the new target or gold mine for corporate companies to make inadequate products for our hair for the sake of making a quick buck.

In all, the my first post was my short answer is this is my long winded thesis. :lachen::lachen: to corporate black hair care products.

My friend goes to Dickey. I was thinking about getting a cut from him as I need some balancing, but don't want to go to some one that doesn't know about my hair type, and I don't want to look like the clones that come out of Curve/Miss Jessie's/Whatever it's called these days.

Her hair looks great, BUT, my understanding is he does blow the hair out quite a bit to stretch the curls.

http://www.hairrulessalon.com/

Also, I think the girl in the youtube videos definitely has a texturizer. NO ONE's hair that is coarse hair like that goes immediately flat when wet. Maybe I'm wrong. But that's a tell-tale sign for me :rolleyes:.

My friend goes to Dickey. I was thinking about getting a cut from him as I need some balancing, but don't want to go to some one that doesn't know about my hair type, and I don't want to look like the clones that come out of Curve/Miss Jessie's/Whatever it's called these days.

Her hair looks great, BUT, my understanding is he does blow the hair out quite a bit to stretch the curls.

http://www.hairrulessalon.com/

You're in luck! He's the one that INVENTED the hair typing nonsense! I've never been to him for a haircut, but I've seen some pictures of other members that have and they looked fabulous.

Also, I think the girl in the youtube videos definitely has a texturizer. NO ONE's hair that is coarse hair like that goes immediately flat when wet. Maybe I'm wrong. But that's a tell-tale sign for me :rolleyes:.

Mine does! when I put in conditioner in the shower....but with water alone it stages a revolt!!!

i've been going to Dickey for my hair cuts the past few years. Great stylist, but the only product from the Hair Rules line I personally care for and use is the Cleansing Creme.

You're in luck! He's the one that INVENTED the hair typing nonsense! I've never been to him for a haircut, but I've seen some pictures of other members that have and they looked fabulous.

I thought Andre Walker invented the whole hair typing thing in his book "Andre Talks Hair"?

Wow. Well, I feel like an idiot. It's been around for 2 years and I didn't know about it! :spinning: Where have I been? I guess I need to pay more attention. :grin:

Back