Barry Fletcher Relaxer

I used it, and I didn't have a problem with it. But that was when I wasn't really in to caring for my hair so I can't remember all the details.

JenniferMD, does the Bary Fletcher Revitalizing conditioner (conditioner in white jar in album pic) tingle on your scalp like it has peppermint or eucalyptus oils in it? It looks like a product one of my hair stylists put in my hair before.

It's absolutely positively AWFUL. It's some real
censored.gif
Now I have nothing against BF products - I love the setting lotion, however, this relaxer seems to do more harm than good. It dried my hair out like a no-lye and failed to straighten. It's the extra ingredients - I forgot what - I think salicylic acid or something (stuff from acne treatments) for your scalp - WHY!? Seriously, it's a no go.
frown.gif
If you use it, I guarantee you will be
wallbash.gif
angry2.gif
swearing.gif
whip.gif

I have been using this relaxer since Aug. '03 with ZERO problems. It actually straightens my hair pretty well
smile.gif
I probably haven't experienced any adverse affects because my stylist applies/straightens it in under 10 minutes.

I went to Healthy Hair Design by Rochelle in Maryland. Thank you Denali for recommending this salon. I thought after being in Maryland for 10 months and 3 hairdressers later, I would never find a good hairdresser, so thank you again. I got a re-touch on Friday with this relaxer, and got excellent results. She relaxed my hair in 15-20 minutes and it didn't burn at all, which is unusual for me. I was going to bring in my usual relaxer, Vitale Mo' Body, for the stylist to use, because I have very coarse hair and always got pretty good results with it. But I decided to let her use the barry fletcher relaxer, because for the most part all relaxers are the same, it has more to do with technique and application of the relaxer. I probably have 4c type hair, so if this relaxer can straighten my hair it can probably straighten anyone's hair.

I am sooo happy that you liked Rochelle. She really is a god sent
smile.gif
I love how she doesn't use heat to style my hair, and I end up that straight wrap style that I love
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
stacy said:
JenniferMD, does the Bary Fletcher Revitalizing conditioner (conditioner in white jar in album pic) tingle on your scalp like it has peppermint or eucalyptus oils in it? It looks like a product one of my hair stylists put in my hair before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with the revitalizing conditioner, but definitely with the major moisture deep conditioner.

Back