BANTU Lye hair relaxer-Regular-Anyone?

kitten73

Ladies, have any of you used the Bantu regular relaxer with the shea butter? I have to give myself a touch up tonight and won't be able to get to the BSS to get my affirm that I usually use. I have the Bantu in my closet (I purchased it last month to use for my edges, I have a very short cut) and never used it. I have heard it is pretty strong and will get your hair bone straight. I have a short hairstyle so I need bone straight results but I am afraid of burning. Please let me know if you have any experience with it. Thanks.

I use Bantu and even though people seem to think it gets your hair bone straight it doesn't with mine unless my stylist keeps working it through my hair - over and over again. My stylist works it through once and then quickly massages each section before washing it out. It's not bone straight. Both Affirm and Elucence made my hair bone straight, flat, and took my hair out - think long hair strands on my shower curtain and body, handfuls of hair, afraid to touch it, etc...

Hope that helps

I have used Bantu Lye back in the college days! But not since. It was extremely strong and didn't take long to process on your hair. So be quick and thoroughly base your scalp first! Good luck...

I chickened out of using the Bantu. I went to Rite Aid (I was suprised it was open as late as it was) and bought the new CANTU No-Lye relaxer kit. Well my hair laughed and that stuff. Now I am not going to diss it by any means it was just that it did nothing for my hair. I worked that stuff in for 20 minutes too just like the directions said. My hair isn't coarse either so I don't know what was up. Anywho, I think I better just try and get my hands on some Design Essentials which is what my stylist used 6 weeks ago. My hair was entirely natural at that time and it took so well and didn't burn at all. Thanks ladies for your advice. Now I have to fiigure out when I can do a corrective touch-up.

I used to use this back in the day cause it was cheap. It was ok but my hair never grew past a certain point I dont think it was from the perm though.

I know this thread is old, but I think this what I will be using to relax my hair tomorrow.

My hair is super super resistant to relaxer and normally just texlaxes to 3c. I am going to apply it the standard way to my roots and then apply an oil/relaxer mix to my length (only to process for 5-8 minutes).

H*LL TO THE NAWZZ!! I used that as a teenager and it burned my scalp so bad!! I steer clear of that relaxer!!! lol

Back