Bantu Knots - Secure/Tuck Ends without damage

Shaley

Hi Ladies

For those of you who have had successful Bantu knot outs, how are you securing your ends?

I have been recently using bobby pins but everytime I get ready to take them down, they pull my hair out with them.:perplexed

I've tried just tucking them under but because I do them on dry hair I need something else to make them stay.

Is there a technique that you use or accessories that you use to secure the ends and prevent damage as well?

Thanks

For me, it's easier to tuck my ends under when I do bantu knots on dry hair. It's only when I do them on wet hair that I have to use something to secure them. What I do is use those small black rubber bands, you know the ones that come in a pack of a couple hundred for $1.....then use a nail clipper to cut them out instead of trying to unravel them. I say a nail clipper because I don't trust scissors near my head unless I'm trimming my ends!

Whether wet or partially wet, I just use my nail (I have solar) to tuck them in. I just go around and around until I can't see it and know it's secure.

Thanks ladies. My ends for some reason don't stay put without something keeping them tucked in. Not even rubber bands. Hopefully I'll master this soon.

I use cotton scrunchies to secure mine, at least I did when I was transitioning. Like these.....

Nov142009007-vi.jpg

This way kept my ends protected and ensured it curled all the way.

I was about to say the same thing stephElise said. use scrunchies. I think you can even find silk ones that wont get caught in your hair or suck out moisture

I use cotton scrunchies to secure mine, at least I did when I was transitioning. Like these.....

Nov142009007-vi.jpg

This way kept my ends protected and ensured it curled all the way.

I was about to say the same thing stephElise said. use scrunchies. I think you can even find silk ones that wont get caught in your hair or suck out moisture

Thanks Ladies! I'll try this!

Back