Bantu Knots - I Need Your Help!!

2sweetnsugarland

I'm going to try bantu knots for the first time this weekend. :yep: I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm going to wash my hair like I normally do, deep condition then put coconut oil on each section that I knot up and secure it with a bobby pin or the non pulling rubber bands. I'm going to let it air dry for as long as I can stand it and then sit under the dryer. My hair takes a long time to dry!! Do you think this will work or should I use something else on my hair like a pommade??? I want my hair to be shiney when I take it down like so many of you ladies that have done bantu knot twist outs. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.:grin:

PS: My hair is much longer than in my Fotki so don't let that stop your advice.

Smooches!!

I think this will work fine. When I do mine, I can usually just wrap it around and it will stay without a bobby, but I do have to use one on some of them. As for the pomade, I don't see how it would hurt.

Good luck and post pictures. I may be doing a set of these today or tomorrow myself.

I did bantu knots on my wet hair and I was not a fan. It made my curls soooo tight I put Shirley Temple to shame. If your hair has the tendency to curl tightly, I agree with a couple of the posts above me...try it on your hair when it is already dry. I have no tried the bantu knots again yet, bu I will definitely be doing it on dry hair instead of wet/damp.

Good Luck! I love the style and hope I can accomplish it. Make sure to update us with some pictures.!

I did bantu knots on my wet hair and I was not a fan. It made my curls soooo tight I put Shirley Temple to shame. If your hair has the tendency to curl tightly, I agree with a couple of the posts above me...try it on your hair when it is already dry. I have no tried the bantu knots again yet, bu I will definitely be doing it on dry hair instead of wet/damp.

Good Luck! I love the style and hope I can accomplish it. Make sure to update us with some pictures.!

Good advice... I did bantu knots last weekend on wet/damp hair and let it air dry over night and when I took them out I was not to fond of them (too curly)-the picture is my avatar. However I did wear my hair like that for the day-next time I will try on dry hair-thanks

Back